BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My better half and myself were discussing holiday options last night and we are thinking about popping over to Europe next year for a bit of a bike ride round the Alps. Looking for any info/help/advice with hiring a bike and gear (B'mer if possible) and any local knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Off now to do some searching on the net.

Cheers.

·
Enthusiast
93 Posts
There is a member on this site who goes by AlpineRider. Lives in Europe somewhere and runs a motorcycle touring company. I've exchanged a few Emails with him some time ago and he seems like a good guy. I believe his website is www.alpinerider.com and you can do a search here on this website to find him.

·
Enthusiast
93 Posts
Well after reviewing my old Emails I realized his name in AlpineBiker and his website is www.alpinebiker.com

Sorry for mix up. Good luck with your trip!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have done a coupe of trip to the Alps from the UK and I have to say the riding is brilliant! I do the organising for myself and a group of mates taking in some of the best roads in Europe. Whilst you're there, you should really make for the Black Forest in Germany too as that's awesome, especially the B500. I'm going to start doing tours to the Alps but won't be up and running for at least a couple of years as concentrating on tours of Wales first. I am happy to send you a copy of the tour we did this year, through north east France (the Alsace region), to the Black Forest, then down into Switzerland and back into France. You welcome to use what you want of it. I can also recommend some places to stay but it depends if you want 5* luxury or budget. I have iteniary files for sat nav too for my route. Send my your email address if it's of interest. Whatever, you do though, you won't be dissappointed!

Haydn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts