BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ams starting to have a problem hooking neutral when shifting between first and second. The up-shift feels like a "full shift" (not the halfway sensation you get going into N), but it sticks in N. My only warning that this has happened is that when I let out the clutch, the green N on the dash goes on (note this happens after the clutch lever is released) and the bike revs. This seems to be happening about 2/3 of the time for the last 150 miles or so. I would think that I was to blame except if that were the case, I would think that this would have been happening since go. But of course I am not convinced that I am not completely to blame.

I have not been able to relate this problem to any one thing that is happening at that time with the ride or the bike.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
207 Posts
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5706

Take a look at this thread and see if helps. I had a similar problem and a simple adjustment made all the difference in the world. Also, it could be something as simple as what shoes your wearing and were you place your foot after the shift. I have found myself, thinking that I had moved my foot far enough back, winding up between the gears and it popping back in neutral.

You might try adjusting your shifter and see if makes a difference. It is easy do and only takes a few minutes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I have made the adjustments to the sift lever, but no dice.

Brian

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same problem on an 05 K1200S. Along with other shifting problems. The parallelogram adjustment didn't help. Shifting problems started about 8000 miles ago when the clutch went out from the "broken lock wire" problem that is described in other threads. Grating, not clunking, when shifting into second and third and also sticking in neutral quite often. BMW of Grand Rapids,MI. checked with the factory rep today and he said to check it out and replace the transmission or clutch or both. I think the clutch is working fine now. Transmission may have been stressed during the three thousand miles when the clutch wasn't completely disengaging. Also have a problem with the brakes pulsating. They have replaced the front right disc twice and the problem keeps recurring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts