BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· IBR# 366
3,256 Posts
Special-K said:
I wish I had asked to see the part now, but unfortunately I didn't.
I wish that you had gotten part numbers for this mod . . . :)

· IBR# 366
3,256 Posts
More like: Typical corporate, save a few pennies here 'n there and have your customers pay for it down the road . . . :cool:

· IBR# 366
3,256 Posts
I've looked through the garage and storage, and haven't yet found the supplementary battery harness. :(

Sorry for the hassle.

· IBR# 366
3,256 Posts
The supplementary battery harness adds wires in parallel with the existing wires, which you can do yourself with a bit of work. I believe there's also an upgraded relay as well.

It does seem to work well for me, or at least it's not something I have to think about anymore.

Honestly, before I installed the harness, I had pretty good luck by switching to an Odyssey PC680 battery which cranked hard hot or cold. But the quality on those seems to have gone down, or at least they don't seem to last as long for me as they used to.

So I had the harness installed by my dealer before a big ride, then remembered that I'd already bought one and just hadn't installed it yet...

If it does turn up I'll post here, as I'm sure somebody can use it.

· IBR# 366
3,256 Posts
The PC680 is slightly larger than the stock battery, but a bit shorter. A little bit more with the optional metal jacket.

There's lots of room for the GT battery, as the battery shelf is only on three sides (it's open to the fuel tank area).

The PC680 just cranks harder than the BMW AGM battery.

As I said, I've had a lot of good luck with them for more than a decade, but more recently they just don't seem to last as long. They still crank the bike over quite strongly though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts