BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wearing a mesh jacket and pants in dry, hot weather. Not too bad but it can cause dehydration.

What do you wear in hot weather riding?

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
AZ-J said:
What do you wear in hot weather riding?
Some of thus stuff along with another set of packs in a small beer cooler in the trunk to swap out after 2 hours. Put some ice from a beverage machine in the beer cooler and the swapped packs will freeze by the time you need to swap them again.

The wet-vest water soaker models leave me too clammy and wet. In high humidity, they aren't that pleasant to wear.

Worn under a BMW Santiago suit. Better vents than the BMW Comfortshell, imo. The ice packs last longer without a lot of air going over them too (I put some bubble foil insulating stuff from OSH into the outer pockets where the front packs are for that purpose).

Mack

·
Registered
459 Posts
I ride in temps up-to 118 degs in the summer, commuting from AZ to CA across the desert.

I use the wet vest to kick off the trip on the hottest days, it is completely dry in less than 2 hours, but it does get me down the road a piece.

Vanson Mesh (old style), santiago pants and I bought Vertigo air boots (sidi) at the long beach bike show this year, used em once already, now thats the ticket! Not sure why I waited so long.

Drinking almost constantly from a bite tube also.

Thinking about the long, coldass Michigan winters helps a lot too:)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I picked up a Fieldsheer High Temp mesh jacket a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale. Seemed to work well on a trip to Laughlin a couple of weeks ago(108°).
I do think that the removable backpad will have to come out when it gets hotter.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've been eyeballin' that new Revit mesh, called turbine or something. Al Sever's didn't have one on the floor yet when I went there a couple weeks ago.

I did buy a new leather jkt, figuring I'd keep my vanson perf for the summer commutes to AZ and back.

Its (vanson) great but the no-collar thingy is ruff in the desert, especially in 70 MPH windstorms in the dark, yikes! Too lazy to stop and put something else on of course.

But those Revits look good! they have pants and coat, nice pic in the last Motorcyclist mag...ya, her too :)

They really need to start using ugly old guys for models so we can see what this shitz REALLY looks like! :rotf:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the Rev'it stuff. Very nice quality fit. I have the Devil jacket and with both liners out it is a nice light weight jacket and the air flow through is great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two quesions on the Rev'it suits

How is the sizing of a jacket, pants? In pants a 33 to 34 waist will sit low on my waist, high waist is 32. Jacket, around 40 no larger than 42. So, M pants/jacket.or what?

Next, where is best place online to buy? I have seen great reviews of Rev'it wear here and several other sites. Thanks!

·
Addict-oholic
1,423 Posts
I use the Bmw airflow jacket and pants and a short sleeve undershirt underneath up to 95 degrees. for longish rides. Above that for a 2 hour ride I use the vest that you soak beforehand and evaporates as you ride.. Anything hotter, I am sailing or in A/C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts