BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, well I can remove the weight, but what about the peice the the original screw treaded into?

James

06 k12r

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I'm completely ignorant about these things but have seen many on Jap bikes, few on Beemers. They come in bright anodised colors and look pretty. I'm not sure how effective they are though.

I suspect they fit like the 'Rawlbolts'. There's an inner expanding sleeve with a tapered 'wedge' drilled and tapped for the bar weight. As you screw in the bar weight the sleeve expands to grip the inside of the tube.

If it's like this you'll have to knock the inner part (wedge) further in to release pressure on the sleeve, then try to pull the sleeve out. The sleeve may still be tight so release agent and something like a blind bearing puller might get in there, or a slide hammer with a hooked tip.

If you're lucky and they made the inner parts from plastic, some heat may help.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine were stuck real good too ... I had to squirt a bit of WD40 up the pipe and let it sit a while ... then used the bolt to screw into the thing stuck in the bar ... without the weight ... and a pair of vice grips.

:dance:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts