BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tie down a K1200LT while trailering? I don't see where you would hook the straps to the bike.

Doug M.
02 K1200LTC
Cincinnati, OH

·
Registered
629 Posts
Doug:

You need at least four soft ties. Two just over the cross brace on the front shocks one for each side. One each behind the saddlebags.

Do not use the tip over bars. They are not designed to support that much weight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where behind the saddlebags??? And what are the tip over bars??? Guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Tie Down

Hey.....at Least You Had To Ask....a Harley Guy Would Have Scamatics On How To Do It......with Pics...ha Ha....good Luck.....i Tied Mine Down K1200gt...the Consept Is There But Nature Tells You ....just is not right.....good Luck!...ride Safe

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I have a RS but.......

damenke said:
Where behind the saddlebags??? And what are the tip over bars??? Guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was.

Thanks
Just make sure your on a soild frame and watch the ABS wires.......

·
Registered
629 Posts
There are sub-frame tubes behind the saddlebags on either side of the tire. Once you look under and to the inside of the saddlebags, you will see them.

Tip over bars are located under the black plastic cover to the sides of the bike directly under the mirrors. The part that hits the ground when the bike falls on its side.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
tie down

The thing I remember most , watching BMW staff tie down a bike in the crate, was that two men did it. One leaning the bike and compressing the suspension whilst the other winched it down with the tie straps. Then bouncing on the bike to compress the other side whilst the other winched on the straps. Bike was really compressed down on it s suspension when they had finished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts