Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
iflybricks said:
What about ATP's?

Got three type ratings too...if that matters.
About 3,000 pilot in command, and unknow how many right seat hours, Dad had me flying when I was 12 so he could take naps! Not current, we haven't needed a plane since 1990.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I am not a pilot.....but I play one on my bike! :teeth

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just had to buz-in for the K1200R riders. I am a commercial pilot with just a little over 10,000 hrs. About 6500 of that is in DC-8's and MD-80's.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Does an ex ATC guy count? ATC in USArmy Viet Nam. FAA ATC in 70s, I talked to a LOT of pilots!

I flew weedhopper and eagles in 80s (ultralites).

Attended a night BS session at Osh Kosh by Crossfield and Yeager, wish I had a tape of that.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Funny you should ask....but i work next to an airport and i ride my bike every day...got stoped by security and was asked if I could fly a red eye that was booked.and the pilot banged out....I wasnt doing anything at the time so I said sure....got into the cock pit and all was good until I asked the navigator where the hell is the shifter......needless to say I didnt get any fly time that night...but they took my name......what do you guys run for oil in them there things....I know I know.....

·
Registered
468 Posts
BAK04GT said:
Funny you should ask....but i work next to an airport and i ride my bike every day...got stoped by security and was asked if I could fly a red eye that was booked.and the pilot banged out....I wasnt doing anything at the time so I said sure....got into the cock pit and all was good until I asked the navigator where the hell is the shifter......needless to say I didnt get any fly time that night...but they took my name......what do you guys run for oil in them there things....I know I know.....

Most turbines run Exxon 2380. It's a full synthetic and it's purple-ish in color. The used oil, funny enough, looks just like brand new clean motor oil.

·
Registered
55 Posts
lots of air time

Currently have an '07 GT. Have a type rating in DC-9, 727, A320/319, Sabreliner, and 767/757. Probably well over 25,000 hours, but who's counting?

·
Registered
468 Posts
GT1200 said:
Currently have an '07 GT. Have a type rating in DC-9, 727, A320/319, Sabreliner, and 767/757. Probably well over 25,000 hours, but who's counting?

Sabreliner? Vintage, right on man. When I flew freight I flew 1000 hours a year. Now I have my dream job and do maybe 300-500...maybe. I ain't complaining. Had vacation and recurrent last month and logged 0 hours. Good problem to have.

I've been chasing the 6000 hours mark for 3 years now, just can't seem to get there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just wondering. I just finished a book by one of the popular motorcycle authors who happened to also be a pilot. He mentioned the preflight habits he developed carried over into his riding which I found to be true of myself.

Pilots generally, as a group ( not just us of course ), enjoy fine engineering so it would be only nature to gravitate to a beemer.

I am an ex Eastern Airlines pilot myself with around 10,000 hours ( flew B727 for them ). Some of the planes I've flown include Lears, Embraers, Dehavilland Dash-7, ATR-42, Pitts Specials, Star Dusters, Citabrias and just about every other light Cessna single and twin. Unfortunatlely, I am no longer a commercial pilot but still enjoy flying when I can - one of the few hobbies that is more expensive than my beemer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Traded my GSA for a GT last week and done a thousand miles so far. Great bike, really impressed. I am a Pilot of a different kind, a ships pilot. Biggest ship piloted so far 453,000 tonnes and 393m long with a beam of 64m, bit like a goldwing really but with better brakes :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
llotse said:
Traded my GSA for a GT last week and done a thousand miles so far. Great bike, really impressed. I am a Pilot of a different kind, a ships pilot. Biggest ship piloted so far 453,000 tonnes and 393m long with a beam of 64m, bit like a goldwing really but with better brakes :D

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blaine,

I had a couple of eye opening rides in a two place Pitts Special once. A high point of my life -- and I hate roller coasters! Pilot was a friend and we did Cuban 8s, inside and outside loops, inverted flying, Falling Leafs...he even walked me though doing my own barrel roll...

That was one memorable afternoon!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts