BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used for many years the Garmin 2610 with no issues on several bikes. Software become obsolete (v6), instead of upgrading i got the new Zumo 550. Unit is fast, sensitive and has buil-in MP3 and bluetooth. Fact is that it only last 3 days on the GS, even with Touratech vibration-free mount. It was shaking very bad and as a result one of the pins in the craddle was damaged, powering off the unit. I wonder how reliable is your Zumo on the bike (yeah I know K is not shaking that much). I updated the 2610 to same v9 software as Zumo and thinking to install that back instead.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Doru-in-Romania said:
I used for many years the Garmin 2610 with no issues on several bikes. Software become obsolete (v6), instead of upgrading i got the new Zumo 550. Unit is fast, sensitive and has buil-in MP3 and bluetooth. Fact is that it only last 3 days on the GS, even with Touratech vibration-free mount. It was shaking very bad and as a result one of the pins in the craddle was damaged, powering off the unit. I wonder how reliable is your Zumo on the bike (yeah I know K is not shaking that much). I updated the 2610 to same v9 software as Zumo and thinking to install that back instead.
I don't think the 2610 and the Zumo use the same maps. The 2610 series used the non-NT (compressed) maps where the Zumo does.

The Zumo can cut out audio and power if it vibrates around. Suggestions are to anchor it better with some foam or Velcro on the cradle behind the unit. Some also use dielectric or Anti-Seize lube on the pins as well.

Mack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts