BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling this has been discussed, but I asked the committee and no one can give a good answer.

How to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake lever--- no, not the amount that they "Open", but the angle that causes you to reach over and down for the clutch, or brake...

Hard to describe but looking a the bars from the side, how to adjust the inclination, or declination of the levers?

Or one more way of saying it, if the left hand grip is the center of the clock, (looking from the side) the clutch lever is now at about 8:00 MST, and I want it up to about 9:00 MST, or maybe even 9:30/10:00...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
hopz said:
I have a feeling this has been discussed, but I asked the committee and no one can give a good answer.

How to adjust the angle of the clutch and brake lever--- no, not the amount that they "Open", but the angle that causes you to reach over and down for the clutch, or brake...

Hard to describe but looking a the bars from the side, how to adjust the inclination, or declination of the levers?

Or one more way of saying it, if the left hand grip is the center of the clock, (looking from the side) the clutch lever is now at about 8:00 MST, and I want it up to about 9:00 MST, or maybe even 9:30/10:00...

I don't think you can. I remember something about a locating pin or something.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
hopz said:

I'm sure my KRS had a small amount of rotational movement (I think that's what you mean), because I went from the stock full forward position to more upright riding with the BMW comfort risers and remember rotating the whole assembly a small amount before tightening the clamp bolts. It's a while since I did it ,so humble pie if it doesn't work for you.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks- thats what I was hoping- can you tell where the Clamping Bolts are located?

As I look at it- it is not obvious to me. There are also screws to apparently remove the switchgear covers but there must be a secret screw in there somewhere cause I cannot break the code on that either.

thanks
Bob

·
Registered
650 Posts
brucecha said:
I don't think you can. I remember something about a locating pin or something.
The illustrations in the factory manual suggest that the controls are held on in a manner very similar to the brake levers on a ten speed bicycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
hopz said:
Hey thanks- thats what I was hoping- can you tell where the Clamping Bolts are located?

As I look at it- it is not obvious to me. There are also screws to apparently remove the switchgear covers but there must be a secret screw in there somewhere cause I cannot break the code on that either.

thanks
Bob

Bob

Maybe these pages from the manual, along with the others that are posted will help you!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are the greatest- examundo what I wanted!!
thanks
bob

p.s. stay tuned for the next question... its electrical.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh, yes, Lucas, Prince of Darkness, and now the Dark Side... I think I am beginning to be enlightened. :teeth

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts