BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

I am taking off 2.5 days next week.... hope i haven't JINXED myself

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ClearwaterBMW 
#1 ·
Well, my '07 GT probably STILL isn't on a truck heading towards Florida at this hour. The bike is IN THE WAREHOUSE but has NOT been invoiced to my dealer. i was hoping to be able to ride it to the MOUNT DORAFEST II this coming weekend... but that looks UNlikely at this point.

so..... i just scheduled myself off beginning at lunch next wednesday (a week from today).... i'm going to take off as soon as i get the bike and bring it back for the 600-800 mile first service in a day.

i hope i haven't JINXED myself by taking this time off :)

#3 ·
messenger13 said:
You might want to play some big dollar lottery tickets while you're at it! :D
bringing home another expensive bmw bike with 2 gps units installed is a gamble enough for me :) ..... with the wife

#5 ·
I asked this question when he did it on his GS. Amazingly, when Greg explained, it really made sense. ;)

Remember, he's got one unit for NEXTRAD radar, and the other for directions.

#6 ·
messenger13 said:
And why 2 GPS'es? :wtf I kinda sorta understand why the IBA rally guys/gals do it . . . but not the average LD-touring Joe. :confused:
as my friend Jeff said above:

BMW Nav III.... for obvious reasons... i guess
and my Garmin 376C.... because of the XM radio and XM weather/live NEXRAD satellite imagery... it has to be seen to be believed
so.....
the nav iii is on 0.2 mile range for close view and the 376C is on a 5 mile view with the xm running for weather

it works great

#7 ·
ClearwaterBMW said:
BMW Nav III.... for obvious reasons... i guess
and my Garmin 376C.... because of the XM radio and XM weather/live NEXRAD satellite imagery... it has to be seen to be believed
so.....
the nav iii is on 0.2 mile range for close view and the 376C is on a 5 mile view with the xm running for weather

it works great
And those disappearing little red lights in front of you?
...those are my taillights as I beat you to The Bistro. :D

#8 ·
eljeffe said:
I asked this question when he did it on his GS. Amazingly, when Greg explained, it really made sense. ;)

Remember, he's got one unit for NEXTRAD radar, and the other for directions.
I think three would be better. I've seen a couple set ups that really rock. One SP for general nav/trip computer, one for NEXRAD and a third in NMEA mode driving a tablet PC to optimize routes and bonus points. One can never have enough farkle :crazy:

#9 ·
messenger13 said:
And those disappearing little red lights in front of you?
...those are my taillights as I beat you to The Bistro. :D
don't beat me by TOO much......
remember...... i'm the one paying :D

#11 ·
messenger13 said:
Oh! yea...gotcha. I'll make you look good. :)
nah.....
you can still win..... i don't care about that
i just didn't want you to beat me by so much that you would be done eating before i even arrived :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.