BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rowdy, raspy, raw. I'm talking about the Hypermotard 1100 S, which is Ducati's answer to several questions not asked in polite company, like, "besides having sex with a supermodel, what would you most like to be doing right now?" The 'tard is the keg party of the motorcycle world, and, man is it fun. The riding position is amazing, you feel like you can reach forward and touch the pavement... there's nothing, and I mean nothing on the the front-end of this bike. And the handlebars are big, tubular dirt bike bars, with tons of leverage. In fact, the bike felt like nothing so much as a lightweight dirt bike loaded with a monster engine and running street rubber.

Would I want one as my only motorcycle? Hell no. The Hypermotard makes my KR Sport look minivan-practical. But it also makes my KR Sport feel unemotional, cold... a robotic speed machine that's agreed to transport you from A to B at insane speeds, but without much conversation along the way. Before you blast me, and I love my KR as much as the next guy, ride the Hypermotard and then post.

Put another way, the KR forum has a thread on wheelie techniques, with back-and-forth between guys debating clutch dumping versus body weight shifting and throttle roll-on. You'd never see that thread in a Hypermotard forum, but you might see one on tips for keeping the front-end down.

I've found my second bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
it's a stunning bike... i can only imagine what it feels like on the road... i love the lines and the naked front end looks menacing... that exhaust is gorgeous... think you could fit it to the KR? haha.. ok ya I'm jealous.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's an incredible bike. I like everything about it but I couldnt imagine riding it for more than an hour. It's really too bad those hand guards are about $1400 with the signals and mirrors they'd be cool on an R

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
ToddACimer said:
...It's really too bad those hand guards are about $1400 with the signals and mirrors...
Good Lord! I thought the BMW had some pricey plastic. :yeow:

Must be because there is less plastic on the Ducati so they make up for it on the grip covers and mirrors. :confused:

Mack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts