BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My internet purchase arrived Friday by truck in the morning sun. :clap: Much better looking than the photos that egged me on. I can't wait to ride. New clutch, new Metzlers, fresh oils etc. Excellent service history, and I think I'm the third owner. I think I need to lower the front pegs though. At least 200 lbs lighter than my totalled '05 LT ..I better hold on tight. Snow tomorrow here in Central Mass and lots of sand to consider so it will be a while.....Had to share this today.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is one of those GOOD BMWs

I had bought a 2000 k1200rs of ebay I fell in love with, and have had no issues with it in about 4yrs now, loved my 1st bmw so much I got a r1100rt to play with too. have fun when you can ,,joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I plan on it.

It's snowing to beat the band today here in Central MA so it will be a while before we go for that first ride.

Oh by the way what psi do you keep fr/rr? I used to have 42f/48r on my '05 LT. My RS has Metzler radials.

Also I have a white rear spring. Is this some kind of sport suspension, and an option for that year?

Getting to know the facts.

I have more pix in the gallery under "In the Spirit of Goldrush".

Looks like the snowblower is going to see some action real soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great looking bike. I picked up a 2000 Mandrin and Graphite last May. It's been cold here in Virginia but I've been out 4-5 times in the past two weeks. Waiting for spring to break.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
GoldRush said:
Oh by the way what psi do you keep fr/rr? I used to have 42f/48r on my '05 LT. My RS has Metzler radials.

Also I have a white rear spring. Is this some kind of sport suspension, and an option for that year?
I am 5'-11" tall, weigh 175 lbs and typically run 40f/42r, one up or two up loaded. The white spring is the stock spring, the optional sport spring was yellow, first offered in 2002 I believe. I have the spring preload setting on #6. To set rebound damping, I turn the damper screw on the shock all the way in, then back it out 3/4 to 1 turn. These settings are stiff for one up, but that's the way I like it. Cheers, and enjoy that bad boy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Psi

Well I have been running 42-40 front 42 rear 38 is too low in front inop ,, I scraped the side part off of the dunlap that was on it off ,( the front ) I like to do the negative turn type rideing to set you up for the angle of attack in a manuver,so you can change your tragectory if needed ( to know how ) ( but I never have scraped pegs ) it started to scallop, now runnig 42psi frnt and carefull on cold tires !!! sounds like you got good rubber there I would rather trust it than the new gen ( exept s1000rr) saftly flying low die-ing slow ,,,joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts