BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a hard work week, I was enjoying the fruit of my labor, (my silver vixen) when a blue hair pulled right in front of me.

The brakes on this bike are simply amazing! Avoided disaster, and as I layed on the horn, (meep, meep) I heard the voice of Jesus.

He said, "my son, I love you, and I want you to really enjoy the gift I gave you with that new motorcycle, BUT FOR MY SAKE, INSTALL A NEW HORN ON THAT THING !!!"

I must be obedient here. Anybody installed a horn that fits and works ???
The pair on my '04 RT were awesome, but I understand there is no rrom for that kind of arrangment.

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
GTdavey said:
After a hard work week, I was enjoying the fruit of my labor, (my silver vixen) when a blue hair pulled right in front of me.

The brakes on this bike are simply amazing! Avoided disaster, and as I layed on the horn, (meep, meep) I heard the voice of Jesus.

He said, "my son, I love you, and I want you to really enjoy the gift I gave you with that new motorcycle, BUT FOR MY SAKE, INSTALL A NEW HORN ON THAT THING !!!"

The pair on my '04 RT were awesome, but I understand there is no rrom for that kind of arrangment.
I doubt if the blue hair would have responded to a horn of any LOUDNESS. Most are deaf to some degree and their mind wanders too much.

I've yet to really ever needed to use a horn on a bike in over 40 years of riding. Most of the time it's always been too late to bother with the thing. Maybe my aversion to riding a bike in the city? Maybe it's why BMW made it so difficult to figger out where the button is or operates and why their brake system has a little more emphasis?

·
Registered
49 Posts
GTdavey said:

I'm with you, need a new horn. The GT horn sounds like a gay goat, not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
GTdavey said:
A friend of mine installed the pre Jan '06 R1200RT horn on his K12GT and it seemed to fit! He was also very disappointed with the stock K12GT horn and put the R12RT horn on it: you could do the same!

Hope this helps

Rgds

Luc

·
Registered
236 Posts
horn change

Wait 'till you see where the stock horn is located...and have fun getting to it...Keeripes! Somebody jumped a wire off the horn circuit then mounted the replacement horn on the left side somewhere. Much easier than replacement of the stock horn in its location. It was one of the horns that Pirate sells...schrabel or something like that.

Anyway, have lot's of beer handy when you start the job...and good luck.

Doug

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was amazed you could hit the horn button!, When my life on the bike goes to shit I'm too busy trying steer, turn, stop, swear,to even think about the horn.If you got time to honk horn you got time to cock and shoot!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimmm said:
I was amazed you could hit the horn button!, When my life on the bike goes to shit I'm too busy trying steer, turn, stop, swear,to even think about the horn.If you got time to honk horn you got time to cock and shoot!
That was option #2.
My mind was reaching for my Sig.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
GTdavey said:
I heard the voice of Jesus.

That wasn't Jesus.

It was Pirate, part of his latest cheesy ad campaign. :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Man! I really need to test the decibel levels of the LT's horn and the GT's horn. I'm betting that they are relatively close. You guys that get 'turned on' by horns that sound like they're off of a '56 Buick crack me up. Don't confuse tone with VOLUME!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts