BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Any body got one 4 sale? I would also like the schematics to theat bugger if they are available.

Stoner

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Premium Vendors

Stoner said:
:eek: Any body got one 4 sale? I would also like the schematics to theat bugger if they are available.

Stoner
One of our site premium Vendors has one - BeemerBoneYard. Contact them for more info.

There is a "test" sequence posted on either k11og.org or ibmwr.com. I don't have the time to look ,or I'd find it for you. Also, try searching our Community Archive Forums as well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not sure what your problem is with the ABS but here are some ideas.

1st of all do you know how to reset it? It involves grounding the center pin of the ABS test connector and holding down the ABS switch while you turn on the bike. There is a procedure out there on the web that goes into detail that I could find for you. When your battery gets low the ABS will fault out so it's a good procedure to have handy.

Another thing that I have noticed about the ABS on my K100rs is that the wire connections seem to get corroded. I've had faults that are simply corrected by disconnecting and reconnecting cables. In particular the blue connectors that are in middle of the cables coming up from the ABS sensors. I treated them with dialectric grease but in the past I solved re-occurring ABS faults by just reseating ABS cables. I also had to get under the tank once and reseat the ABS relay. Problem solved.

I have also solved tach problems just by re-seating the cable connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jack:

I would like to ask if you know of procedures and methods to reset ABSII on K12RS bikes. I am in need to reset mine and have been scouring the net to no avail. I know that the K12RS's do not have ABS buttons and also the diagnositc pin (you know the pin which should be grounded) which one of the writeup's describes is not the same as mine.

Can anybody shed some light (with pictues of pins and pin locations) on how a reset may be performe on K12RS's.

Thanks in Advance to all.

swervin

jack69boots said:
Not sure what your problem is with the ABS but here are some ideas.

1st of all do you know how to reset it? It involves grounding the center pin of the ABS test connector and holding down the ABS switch while you turn on the bike. There is a procedure out there on the web that goes into detail that I could find for you. When your battery gets low the ABS will fault out so it's a good procedure to have handy.

Another thing that I have noticed about the ABS on my K100rs is that the wire connections seem to get corroded. I've had faults that are simply corrected by disconnecting and reconnecting cables. In particular the blue connectors that are in middle of the cables coming up from the ABS sensors. I treated them with dialectric grease but in the past I solved re-occurring ABS faults by just reseating ABS cables. I also had to get under the tank once and reseat the ABS relay. Problem solved.

I have also solved tach problems just by re-seating the cable connector.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry, no idea on the ABS II. I'd do a separate post on here and see if someone else knows the answer

·
Registered
68 Posts
swervinswervout said:
Hi Jack:

I would like to ask if you know of procedures and methods to reset ABSII on K12RS bikes. I am in need to reset mine and have been scouring the net to no avail. I know that the K12RS's do not have ABS buttons and also the diagnositc pin (you know the pin which should be grounded) which one of the writeup's describes is not the same as mine.

Can anybody shed some light (with pictues of pins and pin locations) on how a reset may be performe on K12RS's.

Thanks in Advance to all.

swervin
Go here: http://www.largiader.com/abs/absfault.html
Pin #21 in the large connector at the ABS-II unit should correspond to the ABS switch on the other bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the ABS Button on a K1200 RS ABS II non-linked

I have a MY2000, K1200RS with non-linked ABS II brakes. I needed to replace the front sensor (corrosion meant adjustment was impossible and it got trashed during removal...) and I believe I need to reset the ABS. All web info mentions an ABS button which I do not think this model has. I've seen some references to pin 21 on the ABS unit but don't know what to do with it. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
486 Posts
ABS Module may not need replacing

Stoner said:
:eek: Any body got one 4 sale? I would also like the schematics to theat bugger if they are available. Stoner
Not all problems with ABS are the result of a defective "ABS brain." I highly recommend that you check out the ABS system thoroughly. There is a way to determine the fault code by connecting the middle pin of the "blue capped" wire under you seat to a led light and grounding it. Look on
http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/abs-fault-readout.shtml
and
http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/abs-additional-data.shtml

If the fault codes and all the other checking point to the source of you problems is a defective "brain", I have an extra one. These things are not cheap new or used. Email me at rodendahl AT austin DOT rr DOT com.

My experiece is that people want to change the "brain" when the ABS fails to work. There a more things that cause the ABS to fail than the "brain." Check out the tech section of www.ibmwr.org for more information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've located an outfit that rebuilds abs computers, and says it can do abs1 for BMW motorcycles. Cost is $250. I haven't used them yet, so I can't vouch for the work they do, but I am planning to send them my unit soon. Do an internet search for Module Master. They're in Moscow, Idaho

·
Registered
21 Posts
PFLS said:
I've located an outfit that rebuilds abs computers, and says it can do abs1 for BMW motorcycles. Cost is $250. I haven't used them yet, so I can't vouch for the work they do, but I am planning to send them my unit soon. Do an internet search for Module Master. They're in Moscow, Idaho
Google won't find them.......do you have any info?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts