BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the mount that fits inbetween the handlebars. I also need all the wiring that would be required to hook it up to the "K".

I plan on running it through my Mixit and AP1 fuse block.

Any suggestions on where to purchase this package. I only have the auto setup.

TIA, Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would buy the mount from gadget guy that goes between the windshield pillars, but he has others. Then the 2610 motorcycle kit from Amazon.com - it has the Garmin adapter that attaches to the gadget guy mounting system and the power and audio leads.

Check out Rich Hall's site for lot's of details. http://rhhall.smugmug.com/gallery/513601

David

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all who responded.

I actually want the fork mount system. I forgot to mention that I may already have what I'm looking for????When I installed my XM, I used the Nav III fork mount. If I decide to use this for the 2610, I'll need to relocate my XM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is my RAM set up using the Garmin motorcycle mount...very clean when my GPS and radar are off the bike....Notice the BMW power outlet mounted in the fairing beacket...easy to shorten the Garmin power cord...cut and connect a BMW or Powerlet plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I also had gadgetguy make a mount for me for my Gt last year. Some photos are attached. I really like the GPS unit mounted high above the guages so I do not have to take my eyes from the road to read the GPS. My XM is mounted on the fork.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts