BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of bar backs for an 03 K1200RS? Trying to avoid spending $200USD. I need to pull my bars back toward me about 2”. Thanks all- keep’em between the ditches!!!🤘🤘

·
Registered
46 Posts
Russell,
I have a set of bar backs that I have yet to pick up in the US. I'm in Canada. I'm not even sure of what was shipped from this former K-bike owner. If they're the 80mm, then I can flip them to you. 80mm requires cabling changes, and I don't want to do that.

I should know more in a week or so. Cost would be $50 plus shipping from Niagara Falls, NY.

If it turns out that I don't have all the pieces, then Jerry Finley at Pirate's Lair can probably fix you up with what's missing.

·
Registered
1998 K1200RS
12 Posts
Last year I installed the 50mm versions on my '98 K1200RS and had to extend both the clutch line and the front brake line. That cost an additional $135. I was lucky enough to find the 50mm risers on eBay for $60.

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price is certainly right but I’d prefer not to change my cabling either. Let me think on this. I’ve been checking Pirates Lair and EBay but they all seem to be $200. Sucks. Lol

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 RS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sharp fab job! Looks great. I have bigger problems now- it’s overheating- so now I am trouble shooting the cooling system. Fans aren’t kicking in and it’s pushing fluid out of the reservoir- any suggestions? My Harley’s don’t have this problem. Lol

·
Premium Member
2004 K1200GT, 1992 K100RS (sold)
10 Posts
I have these that I took off the '04 K-GT I bought a few weeks ago. Don't need them since my arms are really LONG.

Tool Wood Rectangle Font Gas
Wood Rectangle Font Line Brick

PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The barbacks I have on my RS would be pretty easy to make on a milling machine, though most of us don't have one of those sitting around the garage. Fundamentally, it's just an aluminum bar with a bottom tapped hole, a counterbored slot, and 90 degree serrations cut on both the top and the bottom along with a small step on the bottom to clear the little inset for the mating serrations on the top of the mount.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Since you are all on this subject, I recently found, on eBay, a set of GT bars and mounts and installed them on my 2002 KRS and everything fits fine. I eliminated the "safety" screw underneath to rotate the bars back more for a super comfortable fit. What I won't tell you is I only paid $100 for the set of holders, bars and bar backs.....

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
How much of a rise do you get with those? Did you need to extend clutch and/or brake line?
Ifyou're responding to my photo and the GT application, sorry I didn't measure a before and after. No alteration to any cables or hoses needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts