BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took about a 200 mile ride yesterday. Rode along Skyline Blvd in the Santa Cruz Mountains and then drop down to Half Moon Bay on the way to San Francisco for lunch. Well the ride in the mountains was fun. Then I got into stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic in and out of Half Moon Bay. Lo and behold the dreaded bucking is back. Along with the uncontrolled revving of the engine to 2000rpm with the throttle closed. :boom:

I've done the Charcoal cannister by-pass, added the Booster Plug, new O2 sensor.....and still its has a mind of its own. :dunno:

At speed its a fine machine. Damn, slow it down and its a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yup, the '06-'07s and maybe some of the '08's had the ICV / warped airbox / heat issue. Even after replacement and fix mine always still seemed to have a little flaky idle. Never bad enough to be too bothersome. I've always contributed it all to the ECU.

Bring back butterfly valves and carburetors instead of computer controlled plastic plunger thingies. Never had to go out and spend extra on higher end chips back then. :teeth

·
Registered
44 Posts
My problems with my 2008 GT were fixed by an ECU flash update. The 2 air box replacements cured it for a while, but it was the ECU update that fixed it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
troyt said:
Who did your ECU reflash?
Any good service tech ought to be able to take care of it. But if it's only a minor inconvenience for you leave it alone. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts