BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i bought my K1200 GT (2004) with a burnt out clutch, 22,000 mls. i replaced this, and the rear oil seal kit, i also replaced rear brake pads, and fitted spiegler stainless braided hoses, i rode about 120 miles with no problems, when i took it out again, after about 40 minutes, abs light started flashing fast, and general warning light stayed on, after about 10 minuets, the servo stopped working, and brakes were awful, i stopped and switched engine off, waited a short while, and turned ignition on, hoping it would reset, the lights stayed the same, but the servo was ok, i rode it home, with lights on, and after about another 10 minutes, the servo packed up again, i purchased a 911gs connector, and a bluetooth adaptor for my android tablet, but i get message not making connection to ecu, can anyone give me any clues what may be wrong with the ABS, and possibly, what might be the fault connecting to ecu, many thanks in anticipation, regards, john.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ABS Problem

Maybe air in the system? You can bleed the system by using the funnel purchased from Pirates Lair and using a bleeder bag. I changed my brake fluid with this apparatus and it worked great. There are Youtube videos with detailed instructions and how to build a special wrench to bleed the ABS module along with step by step instructions.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
You may want to have the ABS module checked. Mine went out almost two years ago without warning. Fortunately it was when I was pulling out of my driveway. My dealer said that the module is a common problem once the bikes get about 8 years old. It was NOT a cheap fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks crazydiamond, and davik63, i will keep fingers crossed, and re bleed the system, regards, john.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts