BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K12 experts,

I'm hoping someone can ID this windshield I saw in BMW ON. This is a MOA member's bike; hopefully he'll see this and chime in!

It looks like something I'd like to try. I have a Parabellum that I'm not really digging.

Thank you all for your time reading this.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cee Baileys..pretty sure

I had one in light green tint...
Effective screen , if a bit cludgy looking...
They don't make 'em any more... as I understand it, mounting tabs broke off too often
The sceenr was heavy. lotta stress on those tabs.

Found my old add from when I sold it...
Gotta lone the intranet...

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26268

What do I win?

Have you tried a Laminar Lip on the OEM GT Screen? Not Bad. Tha's what I have right now... no cone of silence, but not bad.

http://www.laminarlip.com/k1200rs.php

d'milan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely a Cee Bailey

I bought my GT a couple of years ago and it was on there. I now have a Z short which I love.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Salthawk said:
I bought my GT a couple of years ago and it was on there. I now have a Z short which I love.
Not to argue, just IMO

I also tried a Z Tech... it was the tall version.
I think the screen did provide, what is referred to as " SMOOTH AIR FLOW"
Little turbulence. However, your helmet is not protected from wind rush. In fact, if anything it's in more concentrated air flow.
As the airflow strikes the helmet it creates noise for the rider. At the visor, from underneath, from the vents....

THE screen that provided the most quiet that I've ever had on a 2003/4 K1200GT was an Aeroflow Tall Touring .
Again, sort of cludgy, lots of parts to it. No longer manufactured, but man that screen was really effective at diverting air flow and creating hush. Yet, I could still set it and be able to look just over the top, as I prefer to do. Still was quiet..

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I have a laminar lip on my 2002 RS and love it. Just tried to look it up and the website is "temporarily unavailable" so not sure whats up there......anyone know?
The Lip lets you keep the normal shield and boosts the air flow higher over your head so you don't have to have a three foot high windscreen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts