BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to pick up a slightly used 2610 with a 128 as well as a 2GB card with version 7.0 loaded for $500.00 from someone I slightly know. All other stock goodies including the box comes with it.

Is there anything obvious I should check out on the unit before handing over the cash?

Any particular gliches owners have experienced and care to share?

TIA, Paul

·
Registered
74 Posts
flyboy said:
I have the opportunity to pick up a slightly used 2610 with a 128 as well as a 2GB card with version 7.0 loaded for $500.00 from someone I slightly know. All other stock goodies including the box comes with it.

Is there anything obvious I should check out on the unit before handing over the cash?

Any particular gliches owners have experienced and care to share?

TIA, Paul

That's a pretty good deal... why is the guy selling ?

Oh one other thing ...... Check to see if that unit has the abiltiy to keep you on track when you lose the satellite signal. New York should give that unit some prob's cause of the high bld's and lots of concrete. Unless your going to use it outside the city that could be an issue.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kdude,

He originally had for sale @ $750.00, but my keen NYC negotiating skills beat him down to $550 for everything including the 2 GB card. Dont know why he is selling, but his loss is certainly my gain.

I'll use it in the car on trips out of NYC, and on the bike upstate to find the road less traveled.

Just visited a friend in Queens the other night and his address is 52nd Drive..His house is surrounded by 52nd Lane, 52nd Road, 52nd Street! And it's off of 69th Street! Robert Moses is turning in his grave over the way they numbered streets out there. The GPS sure would come in handy for that alone!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fly , grab that deal before he realizes what he just did. genius... or the guy is in financial straits and needs the dough or your really that good.. maybe you can get on the Apprentice with the deal.. good holidays bro.. hp

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kdude,

Same to you bro....stay warm. I'm picking up the unit Friday and will have the chance to use it Sunday on my annual trip out to Long Island.

·
Registered
74 Posts
flyboy said:
Kdude,

Same to you bro....stay warm. I'm picking up the unit Friday and will have the chance to use it Sunday on my annual trip out to Long Island.

Plug the Montreal co-ordinates in and come on up... Good test for the 2610 , the Freeze Test covering two countries... :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm way overdue for a Montreal trip...Fabulous city! I just may come spring time.

I actually bought my "K" new in Laval:)..That's another story all of it's own!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts