BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through some of the ride videos recorded in 2005, came across a set of recordings from a very fine day. Ever have one of those special, everything-comes-together kind of rides? Connected with a friend Terry and followed him on some of the finest riding roads in in the Colorado Front Range to a lunch destination in the historic mining community of Victor.

Ended up making five videos of the finest sections but don't want to inundate here if limited interest. Soooooo, links to the first two vids are below. Nice following a sweet K-bike. Viewing is known to help alleviate the pain and suffering often associated with PMS. Hey, summer is just around the corner!

Vids below are in the vicinity of #2 and #3 below.

Jefferson 126 Between Pine and Deckers - Streaming Video

The Hills and Curves Above Deckers - Streaming Video

·
Registered
351 Posts
Agree, sweet tour...

Sumner said:
That is surely the kind of ride that I am looking for. Great video!
I spend most of my touring through forested areas, mostly National Park roads but am looking forward to excursions out of WI. Plans to ride down to FL this spring (trying to time it so I can get through the Smokies when weather is good and not too hot when I arrive in FL). Hopefully another trip later towards end of summer out West (would like to do a left coast tour from WA to Southern CA, hard to narrow down routes that will eat too much time without making progress through Rockies). Guess that's what winter is for, trip planning.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nive videos and nice roads. If my great grandfather hadn't contracted pneumoconiosis (miner's lung) and returned from Colorado to Wales I might be riding those roads!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Steve. This video just has me jones'n for this Summer's 2 week romp through Arizona, Utah, and Colorado.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great Escape

Thanks for the nice break on a winter's afternoon.

After watching, I'm thinking that boxer with the camera aboard is the really sweet bike in the videos.

Mark

·
Registered
653 Posts
Something's weird in this machine (@ work). The colors are all fracked up. Oh well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eljeffe said:
Thanks for sharing, Steve. This video just has me jones'n for this Summer's 2 week romp through Arizona, Utah, and Colorado.
El Jeffe, you have a great and fantastic ride planned. Rode though the Utah canyons last year for the first time (Where's the gaping jaw emoticon when one needs it :)). A video through Grand Staircase Escalante (One of my favorite: http://www.farson.com/video/slcd4.wmv).

I hear Arizona 191 north of Clifton near the New Mex border is fantastic. A good site to check out for Colorado roads is... http://www.coloradobyways.org/Main.cfm. Every one is two wheeled bliss.

Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rerider03GT said:
Thanks for the nice break on a winter's afternoon.

After watching, I'm thinking that boxer with the camera aboard is the really sweet bike in the videos.

Mark
Mark.. I've found the R1100S to be a great recording platform... screen, instrumentation, ride, exhaust note. Of that recording day, this 4th video turned out well. If faint interest, one of the better vids of the day, note the image stabilization keeping the road and horizon stable while the bike moves up and down... http://www.farson.com/video/svictorcripple.wmv

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
sfarson said:
El Jeffe, you have a great and fantastic ride planned. Rode though the Utah canyons last year for the first time (Where's the gaping jaw emoticon when one needs it :)). A video through Grand Staircase Escalante (One of my favorite: http://www.farson.com/video/slcd4.wmv).

I hear Arizona 191 north of Clifton near the New Mex border is fantastic. A good site to check out for Colorado roads is... http://www.coloradobyways.org/Main.cfm. Every one is two wheeled bliss.

Steve
Steve,

I just upgraded Google Earth to the version that interacts with Garmin GPS and mapsource files. After some tweaking, I was able to get my route loaded. That road from Clifton looks AWESOME. I can't wait to get out there. Same goes for that road that follows the Colorado River from Moab back up to I-70.

Our little group is going back to Utah after discovering it last year. After riding in Colorado for years, I was amazed with the quality and fun of Utah roads (yeah, the beer sucks as it is 3-2 beer). I had never given Utah much of a thought when it came to riding. That HWY 12 from Escalante to Torrey is awesome. I love that feeling that you are on top of the world while riding the staircase. 400 foot drops on both sides!

BTW, thanks to a really great tour guide, we were able to hit all the great roads in Utah last summer. I have the Garmin route file if you want it. Also, if you have Google Earth, I have the KMZ file for that as well. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send it back to you.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I loved Utah and Azizona

Thanks for the eyecandy, I was there for about two weeks in September 05 and looking forward to do it in the future. The whole ride was like a dream and may I say a Damn Good One.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thank you.

sfarson said:
Thanks Sumner, 0312KRS... Find myself watching these more than others. Another one from that day... http://www.farson.com/video/svictordeck2.wmv An eight minute climb to West Creek from Deckers.

03K12RS... if needing any Colorado trip/ride suggestions let me know.
I've been up in Eagle River, WI this weekend ice fishing and snowmobile riding, sorry for the delayed response. I'll keep you in mind. CO has some fantastic scenery, I appreciate your offer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Great ride videos - thank you.

It rained today in Pennsylvania, but I was able to get my "mind" out on the road watching your trip videos.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the video

Steve,

Very well done. Thanks for sharing!

It's been awhile since we've been in that part of CO -- you helped bring back some great memories. We hope to see those sights again in 18 months.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Steve,

Can you give us a "tour" of your video setup? I'd like to know more about the mount(s) and your editing setup.

Great rides. I love the mountains and seeing your clips brought a smile to my eyes!

JS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks again!

sfarson said:
Mark.. I've found the R1100S to be a great recording platform... screen, instrumentation, ride, exhaust note. Of that recording day, this 4th video turned out well. If faint interest, one of the better vids of the day, note the image stabilization keeping the road and horizon stable while the bike moves up and down... http://www.farson.com/video/svictorcripple.wmv

Another great video for another rainy winter day. I hadn't noticed it before but I see what you mean about the video image stabilization. It makes the ride seem very smooth although watching the bike more closely and also looking at the pavement it adds new meaning to "electronic suspension".

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous scenery and fine riding.

Mark

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.