BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a Shark fliplid Helmet as I have an rxt duo fliplid that looks cumbersome compared to the way the Shark helmet folds all the way to the back. The price is a bit prohibitive at $750 in australia is there something else out there. thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
So that means you're NOT thinking about buying it since it's so expensive...

you can try ordering from overseas, as it might be cheaper even with the shipping. Other than that, the next most popular helmet is the Shoei Synchrotec flip-up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A couple of years ago I purchased a Shark flipup . Like it ,works well. Only thing I would change is to get rid of the D-rings and replace it with some kind of latching design. One thing I discovered is the sizing. Ihave a large pumpkin, XX large when it comes to helmets. However, I tried on an single large Shark and it fit perfectly. The salesperson said the sizes run large. So try a smaller size than you are accustomed to before buying,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you really can't go wrong with the shark IMHO. Its a great design that is DOT and ECE approve with the chinbar down, AND flipped back. Shark shields are among the best. Their anti-fog coating work very well, and they are thicker and sturdier than average, while the helmets overall are lighter than average. Their RSR2 comes in at almost an even three pounds! 5 year warranty to boot. Honestly whats and extra hundred or so on something you can get 5 years or more use out of? Heck look how fast when change out these damn pc's we get on here with because we want something faster or better at the cost of sometimes more than a thousand bucks! I wish I wouldn't have been cheap when I got my Sysmax2 or it would be a Shark!

:2beers: Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts