BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a bike this last weekend that had this strange O-ring on his throttle so I asked him about it. Apparently he uses it as a cruise control. So I did a internet search and found that many riders are using the same deal. I put one on my bike yesterday and WOW! It woks by just rolling it over partially or all the way and butts up against the rubber grip while resting partially or all the way on the bar ends. When I went to the CAT dealer they knew exactly what I was using it for. Apparently they have riders buying them from their store all the time. Caterpillar part #8M4991 I was really having a tough time on long rides not being able to stretch out my right hand or arm. Also because of my bar end mirrors I did not have the option of other throttle lock products on the market. Best $3 I have spent in a long time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
great idea. it looks like it is actually on the grip. does it go in between the grip and the bar end?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you just roll it over to the side with your outside pinky finger either half on and half off the grip or roll it all the way over on the bar end to where it will but up against the right side of the rubber grip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts