BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my injectors for cleaning, have gotten them back and hope to re-install them this weekend. When I removed them, I couldn't get them out by pulling on the un-bolted fuel rail (as suggested by Clymer's.). Maybe the Hulk could have done it, but those babies were really in there. I unclipped the injectors from the rail, removed the rail, and pulled the injectors out one by one. Now to put them back in, Clymer's again suggests first attaching them to the rail and pushing the whole works in. I'm inclined to push each injector in separately, and when they're all in attach the rail to them. Does it matter which way I get it done? This is the first time I've ever R & R'd injectors on any vehicle.
Thanks,
Steve
1990 K75RT

·
Registered
25 Posts
I, too, just got my injectors back from service and installed them last night.
Mr. Injector is, indeed, THE MAN. :clap:
Like the OP, I had a hard time removing the injectors originally as the O-rings were a mess.
I also used a shop vac and wire brush to clean out the injector sockets.
With a little motor oil on the o-rings they went back remarkably easier than they came out.
My K100 runs much smoother now.
I still have a small acceleration "stumble" immediately off of idle but overall the injector service made a major improvement.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
And did they give you some new O-Rings? Just asking because I just bought some BMW OEMS for the K1200RS. I did not like the price at all, but had no time to go look at aftermarket alternatives, so Max to the rescue....for a fee of course! :yeow:

Oh...Motor oil is fine to lube, so is Vaseline, Clymer says grease, whatever you choose NO SILLYCONE PRODUCTS !!!! They will F...Up your O2 Sensor if so equipped. :teeth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts