BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I bought one and it seems simple, but I must be a bonehead. Tightening the whole assembly just seems to tighten it against the throttle and locks it. How do you mount this buggar!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I did a review of it in a recent newsletter.. http://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterMay06.htm

I think your problem is you need a spacer between the Wunderlich lock and the actual grip.. As I recall a few come with the kit and you pick and choose which ones you need if any.. Didn't you get instructions with it? It's chimp easy..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pirate said:
I did a review of it in a recent newsletter.. http://www.piratesk12site.net/newsletterMay06.htm

I think your problem is you need a spacer between the Wunderlich lock and the actual grip.. As I recall a few come with the kit and you pick and choose which ones you need if any.. Didn't you get instructions with it? It's chimp easy..
Clearly I'm chimp stupid. It does come with directions, but I don't speak German. It comes with lots of different bolts so that the same unit fits multiple bikes. It does come with two small metal washers, but they are for a small bolt that doesn't fit the K.

Ooo. Ooo. Ooo. Eee. Eee. Eee!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sorry.. I forgot the instructions were in German... Doh!

I'm still pretty sure you just need a small 6mm washer.. 1/4" might work.. You need just enough space in there so you can tighten the bolt that holds it on yet enough for the throttle to twist freely...

and DSS... Personnaly.. I don't understand how ANYONE could own one of these bikes without a throttle lock... Wunderlich OR Throttlemeister.. Makes riding 1000% more enjoyable. .. NOT as good as a real cruise.. but the next best thing...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pirate said:
Sorry.. I forgot the instructions were in German... Doh!

I'm still pretty sure you just need a small 6mm washer.. 1/4" might work.. You need just enough space in there so you can tighten the bolt that holds it on yet enough for the throttle to twist freely...

and DSS... Personnaly.. I don't understand how ANYONE could own one of these bikes without a throttle lock... Wunderlich OR Throttlemeister.. Makes riding 1000% more enjoyable. .. NOT as good as a real cruise.. but the next best thing...
I'll pickup a washer and give that a try. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts