BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BIG thanks to Mark Nelson :phonecall and all others who posted in the HOW and other posts, I accomplished the following:

1. BB Metal QRs - There was a small crack in the plastic where the male end goes into the tank. Installed the calmped around the female side on the tank. I installed the metal QRs, used some teflon tape on the pipe threads.
2. Booster Plug
3. Removed stepper solenoid
4. Capped off charcoal canister
5. Replaced O2 sensor

With many e-mails Mark 'prepared' me for my day of updates. I wanted to understand what to expect when I got in there and although I bothered him many times he graciously answered and calmed my fears.

I took pics and will offer up a step-by-step for the HOW on each update.

My only confusion was prior explanations of tank removal seemed so simple compared to what I was looking at. Oh the pasltics need to be removed first...duh. :dunno: :teeth

Hope all this works. I did do a test ride and the bucking seemed to be gone and that was my biggest fix I wanted.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was but I was at ease since you prepared me. I think one of the major surprises was that the fuel connections were at the front vertical part of the tank. I was expecting squeezing my hand under the tank while trying to support it. That's one of the items I will address in my write up. I'll probaly get to it all next week. Thanks again Mark. :clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts