BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of aluminum rings to dress up the instruments on my K1200GT,from the old web site. The rings are great,but I don't know how to get in touch with the person that I bought them from. I would like to find out the address of the company that makes them. I met a gentelman from Italy, on vacation in Florida,that would like to get a set. They are made in Germany,but I don't know the company name. Or if someone in the U.S. has a set for sale, please let me know. Rich aka Windy
 

·
No bogey's twist wrist
Joined
·
619 Posts
instr rings

I too bought a set and they are great, member was Brent Boshart I am not sure of the spelling he is here on this board, Horning is the manufacture I believe in Germany
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Thanks for the link. Have you bought anything from this company? I would like to get a set of those rings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
windy said:
I purchased a set of aluminum rings to dress up the instruments on my K1200GT,from the old web site. The rings are great,but I don't know how to get in touch with the person that I bought them from. I would like to find out the address of the company that makes them. I met a gentelman from Italy, on vacation in Florida,that would like to get a set. They are made in Germany,but I don't know the company name. Or if someone in the U.S. has a set for sale, please let me know. Rich aka Windy
Try down load the catalog from

http://www.wunderlich.de/

They distribute out of BMW Santa Cruz. I ordered some parts and recieved them in a very timely manner. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
windy said:
I purchased a set of aluminum rings to dress up the instruments on my K1200GT,from the old web site. The rings are great,but I don't know how to get in touch with the person that I bought them from.
Windy,

I got mine (and likely you originally did too), from Brent Boshart, a member of this board and who sometimes has the rings available for immediate shipment. Send him a PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Hi, I'm here. I have no rings left from the group purchase. The above link to Hornig is where I purchased them. Problem is, it is expensive to buy one or two sets because the minimum shipping charge which I think is something like 30-35 euros.

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Pete_Tallahassee said:
Thanks for the link. Have you bought anything from this company? I would like to get a set of those rings.
They look realy good Pete you'll like them. I put them on my bike a few weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Pete_Tallahassee said:
Thanks for the link. Have you bought anything from this company? I would like to get a set of those rings.
No, I didn´t, however these rings are looking very nice. Some guys from a german forum started a centralized buying on private basis attended with a good discount.
At the end they all where very happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Rings from Brent

Hi
I got a set of rings from Brent recently and really really brightens up the instrumental panel...It also is a solution to the BMW questions that no one seems to ask...which is "why does the K1200RS/GT has chrome bezels on the speedo, tach and temp gauge, but not the fuel gauge?"

Plastics
 

·
Riding in company
Joined
·
292 Posts
How many are necessary to make another group purchase worthwhile?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Polished instrument rings...

BillA said:
How many are necessary to make another group purchase worthwhile?
I would be interested in getting a set too. As stated in another post, these are also available through Wunderlich (see attached file for description & part numbers). Not sure in BMW SantaCruz discounts.

Anyone else interested in going in as a group purchase?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I understand that € 47,90 is the same as 59.7025 USD if so, count me in on a polished set!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
I just bought another batch of them because I wanted a set for my wife's "new to her" KRS. I put them on EBay but can sell some here for US$65 + US$5 shipping. (I get dinged with 15% tax when I bring them here into Canada). Doing a group purchase can be a pain, 90% of the guys are great but for the other 10% who "pre-ordered", you can spend a lot of time chasing down payment. You are better off just to order without pre-orders. You need to order at least 25 sets I think for a 25% discount plus a 3.5% surcharge if you use paypal plus 50 euros for shipping. I also got a few for the K1200S, but need US$70 + US$5 shipping for them.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top