BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine makes special bags and bike covers, etc. He gave me a prototype bag for the GT. He's currently tweaking it to fit a little better. I just thought I'd throw the idea out to y'all. Are any of you interested in a bag like this? He doesn't have an official name for it. I call it the "GT Holster". :)

Let me know what you think. Sorry for the poor quality pic. :eek: It's from my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
i'm also interested but need to know about that mount as well

thanks for the picture
will look foward to hearing more

·
Registered
279 Posts
Now see that right there looks like the perfect place to stash my SIG .357 sig for quick access.
What are the dimensions ???

·
Registered
433 Posts
So I might. Get the bike tommorow, going to shake it down in the napa/sonoma valley(s). Know more next week.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would be interested in something like that.

Brian

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the idea a lot, but would like to see a shape which complimented the GT a little better. Also not sure whether I want to drill holes in the tupperware for something I might remove when I sell the bike. A little bit more developement and I think it could be a winner.

Regards, Brian

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
I definitely want one. I have one of Tom's Stingray bags on the LT, it's great. You said the name of the company was Biker Slut?

Hey Brian, These bags require no drilling into the bike.

Oh yeah, the top, clear portion is a seperate pocket and the bag comes with a fat foot for your kickstand.

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
messenger13 said:
A friend of mine makes special bags and bike covers, etc. He gave me a prototype bag for the GT. He's currently tweaking it to fit a little better. I just thought I'd throw the idea out to y'all. Are any of you interested in a bag like this? He doesn't have an official name for it. I call it the "GT Holster". :)
Hey! That may also work on the original, better-looking GT's! :D
Like to see the final version.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dag! I leave for a few hours and you guys got more questions than I know what to do with! ;)

Here's some details:
  • No drilling, just uses the existing 2 Torx screws that are already there. A 1-minute installation.
  • The dimensions are kinda sorta 13"x6"x2", but it grows to 4" deep in the front. I think most handguns would fit nicely. That's why I'm calling it the "GT Holster". :)
  • Waterproof? I don't think so. More like water-resistant, er...I think. I'll double check.
  • Mine didn't have a map pocket on top, so to speak. But the finished product certainly could. A great place to store a kick stand plate w/ tether.
  • The name of the company is Biker's Hut. Grif! You trouble maker! :mad:
  • I am currently working with "Tom" of Biker's Hut to get him to start making a complete line of specialty bags for the LT, the new GT, the older GT/RS, the older and new RT, and the GS and GSA. We'll see what becomes of this whole thang.

·
Registered
68 Posts
thanks for the update joe

tell him to make it waterproof, if possible....... that is a necessity and will make it 300% more sellable, IMHO

i'm very interested

·
Registered
29 Posts
Me2

·
Registered
68 Posts
messenger13 said:
I forgot to tell you guys, Tom had surgery Friday, so he's going to need a few days to heal. I'll be in touch ASAP with the finished product.
tell him that we said to take care of himself first and we can worry about the bag later

1 - 20 of 38 Posts