BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the search, and don't have the time or bandwidth to go through 250 thread hits. I'm on the road with limited tools and even less mechanical skills. On my '06 GT, the cruise is acting up. Sometimes it will set and last for 30-40 minutes and other times it won't set at all.

I know this is a cheap part and others have had problems with the CC. Anyone have a step by step on taking this area apart and what to do when it is apart?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Couple of things to try.
The cruise control is "cancelled" by rolling off the throttle, applying the brakes, pulling in the clutch (or just turing it off). If the cruise won't set, push out on the clutch and front brake lever, pull up on the brake pedal, and see if either of those steps "corrects" the problem. With the throttle, open the throttle slowly (applying a little pressure) as you set the cruse and see if the "SET" light lights up, then goes out when you release the throttle pressure. That's a throttle cable adjustment (but I can't tell you which cable). If not, it may be the switch gear itself, and that's a dealer visit, regardless.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally have internet and a couple days to try and sort this out before getting back on the road again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts