BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
A few days ago the DNS queries stopped working. (You cannot look up the IP address of the web site from www.i-bmw.com).

It sounds like the domain name came up for renewal and wasn't renewed. The DNS entries would have been removed worldwide within 48 hours. Hard to say if the site is still up and you just can't find it. (Anyone have the IP address?)

There are two typical possibilities.
1. domain payment was overlooked. However, it's been down long enough now for it to have been dealt with.
2. Owner deliberately let the domain expire, not intending to renew it or keep the site up.

#2 seems more likely. Registering a domain name is pretty cheap.

PHXAZCRAIG

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hope it's not gone for good.

Lot's of good information on that site.

Hope the info is not lost for good.

I did notice that many of the old regulars had stopped posting.

:sad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad you started this thread. I was wondering the same thing...? Where did i-BMW go & How is it it just disappeared from the web. I read all the possible reasons & we can surmise all day. It's just strange is all.
kp3

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
287 Posts
I think we have lost a serious history of serious K bike up-keep. Sad. I know politics was creeping in and many dropped off. but it was such a reservoir of knowledge for the K series. You could fix anything by using that site. I've been off my feed for two weeks. I hope the owner will sell it to someone who cares. 22,000 members world wide, many folks are at a loss. I wish I had down loaded many threads to files rather than just kept links. I do have some good stuff printed out but that does not help most. b

·
Registered
2 Posts
GoDaddy has gone down in several States and Vics is working to get things back up.
I sure hope that's the case. My K1300S is a substantially improved motorcycle because of all the great tips. I would have sold it if not for tweaking it up with advice learned on i-bmw. My first few posts were whining about this or that and helpful folks said "you need this to fix that", and now I love the bike.

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
287 Posts
It is too good to go away, it will be back. Just be good users if it comes back.

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
whooooo... I haven;t been here for years!

Anyone interested in some magnesium wheels for a k bike? Lol.

I used to wield the ban hammer here before the site changed hands... now I'm just one of the peasants.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts