BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
Put down the crack pipe. They aren't dropping the K models in 09 or any time soon. A new K-LT will be coming out in 2010.

·
Registered
166 Posts
They won't drop the K bikes, much like how they won't drop the R bikes.

They'll just be subjected to end-of-model-life revisions and replacements. On the cards so far we have a K1300S (if that's what it will be called), rumours everywhere circulate of a triple-cylinder K bike at ~950cc. Um, possibly there won't be a K1200R in '09 (*cries*).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I think we are saying the same thing. The "classic" longitudinal K bike will die with the current LT in 09, the "K" model will remain as the transverse K, and the new LT will be like that. Interested in triple info. Geez don't tell me I have to get rid of the GT I am buying today!! Sounds kool, esp if they have an "S" patterned after the old K75.
Gilly

·
Registered
478 Posts
GT-1 said:
Is BMW dropping the K bikes for '09?
The only Dropping are the guys with LT's. They Drop 'em all the time and then, tell everyone about it! Sorry, couldn't help myself. Mybad. :spank1:

·
Let's Ride
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grifscoots said:
Hey Todd, how the hell are you? You better be at CCR, beyotch and I expect you to do a write up about it in your magazine(s).

BMW is dropping the brick motor. So, saying they're dropping the K is kind of correct.
Grif, We have to see our daughter off to college. First year at UD, University of Dallas.
Maybe I can take the long way back to Nebraska, via Utah.

I was at the dealership this week asking about a '09 GT price (mainly for curiosity). Anyway the dealer said none of the K bikes (other than early LT's) were on the system for ordering (yet). So I thought I would be a little sensational with my question to see what shook loose out of the experts from (K-Bikes.com).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts