BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you that have received the 7.0 upgrade, was it covered under warranty?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, mine was, however, I can assure you the dealers want a valid reason to perform the install. Imagine that. They seemed to be programed by the "mothership" to ask for specific issues with the bike. My explanation regarding a bucking issue at low speeds didn't seem to phase them until I mentioned a onetime only complete engine failure while riding issue. Otherwise, every knucklehead in town would be standing in line for upgrade. Summary: you have a legit issue BMW should perform warranty! Good luck

·
Registered
279 Posts
My experience was exactly the opposite of BeemerDude's. I walked into my local dealership on this past Saturday just to say hey and see what everybody was up to. Out of the blue the dealership owner and one of the salesmen (the owners son) asked me if I'd like to have the 7.0 upgrade installed. Said it'd take about 45 minutes. Mine was apparently one of several they've done. No charge, no questions, no hassles, no problems.

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
68 Posts
mser said:
My experience was exactly the opposite of BeemerDude's. I walked into my local dealership on this past Saturday just to say hey and see what everybody was up to. Out of the blue the dealership owner and one of the salesmen (the owners son) asked me if I'd like to have the 7.0 upgrade installed. Said it'd take about 45 minutes. Mine was apparently one of several they've done. No charge, no questions, no hassles, no problems.

Mike
'06 GT
That's what all the dealers should say!

Which dealer was that may I ask? (I'm in the market for a GT with T/C)

Mike

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
We will see if BMW Manhattan does my GT under warranty. I complained at the 600 mile service about the fueling problem. have a standalone appointment to do only the upgrade on Sep 11. Whether they ask me to pay or not, I want it. Today, I went for a long ride and the bike was bucking in 1st thru 3rd at low speeds.......my butt is a little sore wearing my lightweight pants. Maybe, tomorrow, if it is a tad cooler, I will wear leathers and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Complain about your accessory plug shutting down after an hour of use or battery charging. 7.0 fixes that, so it's a warranty issue.
Pete

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealer is planning on charging me as well. I have an appointment for the 11th. I'll pay if he won't warranty it, as the low-speed drivability needs to be fixed. I'll write BMW requesting a refund directly. Most important thing is getting it done. Too many positive comments posted here, and the problem is real.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dealer did the upgrade under warranty. No questions asked!!

Pete D.
Simi Valley, CA

·
Registered
730 Posts
mser said:

Mike
'06 GT
That's the exception ...not the rule. Do you bring them donuts every sat. morning?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts