BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a dead board...damm! :sleep:

You guys need to wake up and smell the carbon monoxide!

One ore two posts a day? Huh?

Noone has anything to say?

·
Registered
336 Posts
You would think with the cold weather forcing everyone inside there would be some conversation. Hope this isn't a reflection on the recent changes.

Guess I'll head over to Shiva's.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Many bike sites pick up forum traffic during the winter. Helps alleviate the pain and suffering from PMS. With this place having so many splintered subforums, perhaps it is more perception vs. reality.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Maybe it's all the action going on in the next-gen K1200GT forum.

BTW, I was talking with some of the guys down at the shop today. The latest thing to do on the K1200S/R is to adapt the R1200GS handguards. I guess with all this winter riding, some guys are looking to stay just a little bit warmer. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
damn... it -7°C at noon, foggy, if the fog goes away the temp will decresae even more, plus i have little BS to add after the last 5.01 upgrade..

·
Registered
368 Posts
eligio said:
damn... it -7°C at noon, foggy, if the fog goes away the temp will decresae even more, plus i have little BS to add after the last 5.01 upgrade..
74, dry and sunny in South Florida. To bad the roads are so straight and flat.

·
Registered
336 Posts
"Originally Posted by El_Barto
Guess I'll head over to Shiva's.

Ugh! You've got to be really bored to do that."

I was. At 20 degrees F and ice still left on my driveway from Friday I reluctantly put the bike away for the year. At least my local dealer Max BMW NY had a Holiday party and I got to hang out around bikes and their fans for a few hours.

By the way, it was a great party with fantastic food and conversation.

·
Registered
336 Posts
BJORAKER,

Its a nice place to visit, but I dont post there anymore. Too many people here have been kicked off his site for having an opinion different than the moderators. The really nasty part is most of the posts would be deleted and those of remaining value would be claimed as posted by the big S.

But, with the void of posts here whats a snow bound rider to do but search for alternatives. I've even broken down to reading the other bike types listed on this page and there are few posts there either.

·
Registered
407 Posts
El_Barto said:
BJORAKER,

Its a nice place to visit, but I dont post there anymore. Too many people here have been kicked off his site for having an opinion different than the moderators. The really nasty part is most of the posts would be deleted and those of remaining value would be claimed as posted by the big S.

But, with the void of posts here whats a snow bound rider to do but search for alternatives. I've even broken down to reading the other bike types listed on this page and there are few posts there either.
Not that many have been kicked off. A few vocal ones came here, and that's OK, but it is not reflective of the community there as a whole. Agree with the previous post, it is a nice diverse site versus this one and that is good. Identical is boring.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Shiva's site is worth a look but one of the most informative and credible sites is based on the FJR1300. A lot of the touring folk have significant credible experience they are generally happy to share.
A site I visit has had a recent move but has retained access to archived posts and info.
Have a look at www.fjrownwers.ws/fjr04/aus.html This will allow access to www.fjrowners06.com which passes you to the current site. Once you've accessed the current portal just enter it to "favorites". No doubt there is a much easier way to get there initially but I can only pass on what works for me. Some great archived info and discussion on accessories, lights, oils, tyres, ABS, etc, etc.

Cheers
Lenz

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just an update on the previously recommended site. The direct access now is www.FJROwners.com Between the current site and the archived previous site there is a wealth of useful information.

Cheers
Lenz

·
Registered
336 Posts
SFLARSON, Lenz,

Another one bites the dust. Just another example of not seeing the world like Shiva. I especially like the "This post is shut down"....... after I give you the correct (MY) answer. That way you can't disagree with the all powerfull OZ. Grabbed the following piece before it is stricken from the record.

gatobima
1st Track Day

New postPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
SHIVA said:
I have to disagree with you on your opinion of BMW of Manhattan sales department. They are number 3 in the country and that should speak for itself.

Ok cool...you are intitled to disagree. Being number 3 in the country doesn't impress me...you're in New York City for crying out loud...you better sell some bikes...just means they are the only game in town in one of the largest markets in the world, with a much desired product...it's a numbers game.The quality and mystique of BMW motorcycles speaks for themselves. No matter how many people like me they drop the ball on ...there are 10 more people out there desperate to get their hands on a BMW motorcycle so they are forced deal with second rate service. I'm in Jersey, so thankfully, I have other options.

They are very busy and for good reason,

Yes busy.... because they are the only BMW Motorcycle dealer in the LARGEST city in the world...that would keep anyone busy.The pretzel guys on every corner of NYC are busy.Being busy, and maximizing the sales potential at their disposal are two completely different things.

they have an excellent sales staff.

Hit and miss...Jane was VERY good...others..(no names)not so good.

They move ton of new and used bikes every month, I know because I am there a lot. When you deal with large dealerships, you can't expect mom & pop treatment. These guys are pro and they take care of you if you are forthright.

What does being "pro" mean to you? That you don't have to call me when you said you would???? Repeatedly?

I'd like to wait for our NY member CDP to chime in his opinion on this dealership. Their sales department is a class act and Steve Sergi rocks. I have known Steve personally for 6 years and this guy goes out of his way to cater to his customers.

I agree.
Like I mentioned in my original post, I spoke with Steve, and when he asked me for my opinion...I gave it to him..he was very cordial, and apologetic. He also told me he would speak with the rep I had dealt with.

Please remember that a busy and very successful dealership can't always chase after customers. Although I have seen them make many follow up calls.

This is where you start losing me....are you saying I shouldn't expect too much from them?? Chase after me???? Helloooooo...
I was told I would receive a call the next day with a trade in value on my bike......I NEVER heard back from the guy???!!!!???? Ever!!
Is that too much to ask? Geez. Are you saying their belly is full, and therefore too lethargic to agressively pursue selling me 4 more bikes? I know this is only your opinion and you are speaking on their behalf. I'm sure the business minds in Munich would cringe at this insinuation.

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience, but in my opinion your experience hasn't been bad, it's just that you expect them to come after you and sell you a bike, but these guys are too busy for such games. They are straight forward, play no games, offer great deals and move bikes like no other.

Ok now we are on two different planets."you expect them to come after you and sell you a bike but these guys are too busy for such games"

That is about one of the most pompous, egotistical comments I've heard in a loooong time. Yes I do expect them to SELL me a bike, as I'm sure Mr. CEO of BMW MOTTORRAD in Munich expects them to SELL me a bike. The root word of the word SALESPERSON is SALES...that's what SALESPEOPLE do....they SELL stuff. Games??? What specifically leads you to believe I am a game player? Good customer service, and being your word with a follow up phone call that you promised is a "game" to you?
Shiva, I don't know where, or how you are accustomed to conducting business, but I can tell you that as a real estate SALES proffessional, and owner of several Real Estate firms for 17 years, I've learned a thing or two about SELLING. I don't know it all, but just enough to know that a customer deserves a phone call when he's promised one(as Steve Sergi agreed with me on), and NO I don't believe that Because you are a Large Corporate dealership that entitles you to have lower/different standards of quality, than the "Mom and Pop shop" as you so eloquently put it. Imagine me going around telling my customers " I was going to call you back, but hey I'm the #3 Century 21 office in the country, and well you know how it is" "Hey I'm big, I'm the #3 Re/Max office, so don't expect too much ok"...I'm sure if the bigwigs in Munich really knew how much business is slipping through their fingers in Manhattan, there would be some revamping...quick/fast/in a hurry.
In my opinion, if BMW Motorrad opened up 1 more dealership with equal backing/magnitude(from what I understand the existing one is a corporate store) one of two thing would happen, either Manhattan BMW would be forced to raise their game, because now they would have some real competition,(the consumer wins)or they would have the bikes yanked out of their showroom. Either way it would put some much needed light on the customer service topic.
I know they sponsor this site, and you have your alliegiances to them, I totally understand that, but I don't have any monetary vendetta or ax to grind, I'm just a customer who is entitled to express his opinion, and apparently you have offered me an opportunity to publicly share that opinion, even though it may differ with yours.
Thank you for that....Happy Holidays!!
Very Happy
SHIVA
Generalissimo

New postPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I am gonna try to keep this short. Since I don't allow this grade of banter on this forum at any time, for any reason, by anyone, period. This is just not the kind of energy I'd like to foster on this forum. No matter who is right or wrong.

My point which I hope would come across is that, if these guys are moving so many bikes, it means they are returning phone calls and keeping track of their customers. They wouldn't be number 3, if they were bad sales people.

By the way, they aren't leading in sales because they are in NY, since LA dealership or other large US metropolitan cities can't even come close in numbers. They are leading, because they have an excellent sales staff. There are other dealership in our area who are doing poorly. You lead in sales because of an experienced sales team; pure luck and location can only go so far.

I am locking this thread. If you have any further issues please take it up with them, this is not the place for it. Please don't PM me or start a new thread about this subject. Thanks.

Happy Holidays! Smile S

Is this guy full of himself or what? Its too bad because some people go there and post some good info on that site.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's nothing 'fine' about a site where you are nazi-modded and your posts are deleted when Shahram disagrees and feels threatened. He must either be an ass or is so lacking in self-confidence that his only way of dealing with debate is to pack up his marbles and kick everyone out.

That website stinks, but only because of how he moderates it....

It's his site, his money spent on it and he can do it any way he pleases because of that.

But how is a forum to ever grow and flourish if there can be only one collective point of view allowed to stand?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, my take on that whole post was that Shiva was polite and the other gentleman was angry and a little rude. If Shiva does not want that on his site more power to him. I personally don't think that was worthy of post deletion, though. BTW, calling him a Nazi moderator, ass, and saying his site stinks is nasty and unworthy. The poster got bad service at the dealership. He pissed off Shiva on his own site and got his post deleted. BFD. Get over it. Can we talk about motorcycles?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry BJ,

I was only informing some of our members on the actions they can expect from the other site and a perfect example came up that day. Do I visit the other site? Yes. Do I find intersting things there? Yes. Am I conserned about the moderation there? Yes.

I was only trying to warn others about the other side of the shiney coin.

PS. I have not been kicked off yet, but I have seen quite a few of our members treated quite poorly there. The strange part is the last three were just providing an opion. I never thought a person could be wrong with what they felt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts