BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thermometer

Look in the Aerostich catalog for the Motofizz clock/thermometer. I put one on each of my bikes a year and a half ago. As long as they aren't in the sunlight or the bike is parked after a ride (bike hot) they are very accurate. Simple to install and a clock function too. I don't know where one could mount the remote sensor that it wouldn't be affected by something on a bike. Unless of course it is mounted inside the fairing in the front where it would be in ambient temp air while the bike is moving. Again, once the bike is parked, it would heat the sensor even more than being on top of the triple clamp. It is kind of fun to know just how hot or cold you are even if it does'nt change anything!

Jim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tim
I also use the Motofizz.
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/MotoFizz-Thermo-Clock-p-16325.html
It is advertized as waterproof, but mine is not. If it gets wet I just let it dry out and the displays will come back on. I have it mounted on what BMW calls the internal cover ( that little panel in front of the grips ) The upright shield mount keeps the thermometer in the shade most of the time.
I tried a remote, but there is too much traped heat in the fairing, even when moving. I did not think to try a spot under the back fender.

·
Registered
768 Posts
CABNFVR said:
Anyone have a really neat remote thermometer on their bike? (new S and LT riders excepted). This one from AeroStitch looks better than the Wallyworld offerings, but I'd like a smaller and waterproof unit.

I don't have a thermometer but here are some alternatives to spend your time if you live the same part of the world I do...

See attachments

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts