BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three year old KRS that I just bought came with a theft alarm. The key fob with the buttons lays out in the weather and when I ride in the rain ( The man who made me a custom seat who is called Rich said BMW'S are made to ride in the rain, so I do) it will fog up due to the fact that it is not waterproof. How do you all use your alarm systems in the rain? I have looked for a cover for these things and they do not exist.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have the BMW alarm on mine. How about taking the remote off the key chain and keep it in your pocket? I have seen one time, walking into a Toyota dealer Parts Dept. over the couter, they had a leather like pouch with clear vinyl that was meant to keep a remote inside. Only about $6.00. Worth a try.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is news to me - I ride in the rain quite a bit and I've had no problems with the BMW alarm/fob. Depending on how you have it set up, you may find it easier to use the alarm 'dongle' (I'm sure there is a technical term for it - it looks like an exxon mobil speedpass device) rather than the fob.

Have you actually had any problems with the fob?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always keep the key and the alarm buttons separately. Maybe I'm paranoid but I figure that if someone steals your ignition key it's not going to be much use without the alarm buttons, which I keep on a lanyard.

I also think that it's not a good idea to have things unnecessarily bouncing around on the top yoke, probably marking it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts