BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group ride down to the 'Chunk (www.punkinchunkin.com) on Sunday,Nov.5th. This coincides with a Polar Bear Grand Tour(www.polarbeargrandtour.com/rides.htm) event which meets at the Fisherman's Restaurant in Lewis.

Our plans are to meet at Hank's Restaurant at Rts. 1 and 100 in Chadds Ford,Pa. around 7:30 am and ride Del. Route 9 to Lewis for lunch. FYI, a Gerbings dealer is usually selling heated clothing at the event. We'll then ride over to the 'Chunk location following lunch.

The time enroute is approximately 2 hrs each way. On the return trip most people elect to return the same route to experience the sunset over the marsh and wetlands along Route 9.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Details

Is this a pumkin shooting contest and festival???????

I will be in Delaware Friday and Saturday for a seminar, but I won't have my bike. In fact I will be at a friends in Chads Ford those days. This sounds like a pretty cool event. I might have to think about staying another day to check this out. If you have time give a few more details

Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Punkn Chunkn

Yes this is Delaware's famous world renown 'Punkn Chunkn' where they shoot punkins close to a mile using various methods..but the main guns use compressed air and the barrels of these guns are close to 100 feet in length.

If ya havn't seen this event it's worth to see it for the first time..it's a real hoot to watch! This is the event that was featured on the Discovery Channel.

Web site says the Charley Daniel's Band will be play'n again this year on Fri night

http://www.punkinchunkin.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts