·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
230 Posts
Araii helmet fitting

I met Bruce Porter last year at the Long Beach M/C show. He definitely knows his helmets and his s*** about them. He looked at my head and came within one centimeter of having the size exactly correct. I was commenting on the noiseness of my helmet. Bruce then asked the size. I had purchased the wrong size helmet. He recommended a replacement pad for my helmet between the top of my head and the helmet itself. I purchased the replacement part and it worked ($40 cost). The helmet is much quieter now. At the time of original purchase I should have purchased a small size helmet but purchased a large. Man ole man I blew it there but the new pad has worked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I tried to talk to Bruce 2 years ago at the Washington show , but he was just too busy.
Last year I was able to speak with him and got some interesting stories .
He fit me for a new helmet ,I was in the right size shell , but the wrong size liners. What a big difference ! My helmet has never felt so good . Bruce definitely knows his product ... seek him out !! :bowdown

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have an Arai I bought this year and did not see where I had the option of different liners to customize the fit. Where do you get these?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Araii helmet

Emilynator
Bruce told me the new pad number and I went over to their service guys there at the show and I bought the part. It was way too easy. Then installed it when I got home. I would not think if you were buying a brand new helmet you would need to mess with the liners. It just so happens my helmet was too large and I am sure the pad was filling in the space between the top of my head and the helmet which was making the helmet noisy.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
iflybricks said:
anything about liners for shoei?
Shoei X-Eleven helmets have removable liners that can be washed and replaced. They come in several different sizes. I live near Shoei headquarters. When I buy a new helmet, I bring it to them and they make it fit just right by replacing the liners with ones that are just the right thickness.

Other Shoei helmets with removable liners probably come in alternate thicknesses as well, but I wouldn't know for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts