BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to go with the 2610, and am now getting familiar with the unit. I tried it out in the car and will have to wait for the 6 feet of snow to melt before I try it on the K.

Unit is quite impressive and can't wait to try it out on the bike. I however find the power cord attachment to the back of the GPS to be a little deficient, not very secure. Has anyone had problems of it disconeting from the unit while riding?

I did send the tracks recorded on the GPS to map source and would like to know if there is an easy way to create a route from a given track?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
176 Posts
EricM said:
Finally decided to go with the 2610, and am now getting familiar with the unit. I tried it out in the car and will have to wait for the 6 feet of snow to melt before I try it on the K.

Unit is quite impressive and can't wait to try it out on the bike. I however find the power cord attachment to the back of the GPS to be a little deficient, not very secure. Has anyone had problems of it disconeting from the unit while riding?

I did send the tracks recorded on the GPS to map source and would like to know if there is an easy way to create a route from a given track?

Thanks,
Eric
The motorcycle mount protects/retains the power cord. It won't fall out while riding. It's just not possible when using the proper mount (the one that fits around the back of the device, not the car-style disc mount).

I think the easiest way to "convert" a track to a route would simply be to create a new route, on top of the points traveled in the track. I tried a long time ago, but found it was a hassle - easier just to click a new route with the route tool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts