BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Opposed

Seems as if one's cylinders should work in harmony with each other. All this "opposed" stuff just seems counter productive.

Besides, the new R 1200's don't fit a 6'5"person. Knees hit the tank "edge" of the fairing on the RT and ST.

The older R1100S fits. We saw a beautiful silver '04 last weekend. I could own that. :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Harmony?

CABNFVR said:
Seems as if one's cylinders should work in harmony with each other. All this "opposed" stuff just seems counter productive.

Besides, the new R 1200's don't fit a 6'5"person. Knees hit the tank "edge" of the fairing on the RT and ST.

The older R1100S fits. We saw a beautiful silver '04 last weekend. I could own that. :)
Since the pistons in an R motor cancel primary imbalance, I would say that it is in harmony better than the K bike(s) which, like all IL4 require either balance shafts (KS, Blackbird, etc) or rubber mounting (KRS).

Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
fasteddieb said:
...is this forum for girls only?

I think we need to ask MOTOR on this one.
Jess Eddie, and I thought I'm the one always causing trouble around here. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
CABNFVR said:

Thanks Tim. Feel free to take it for a spin anytime. I am enjoying it so much I can hardly stand it. It's funny how subjective things like emotions can play into determing what one loves in a motorcycle. Take the 05 Triumph Sprint for example. It is lighter, has a bigger tank, makes a lot more power and torque, is smoother, has a better throttle response, and is cheaper to own and maintain. I have it for sale. By every objective comparison I should like it better than the R1100S, but I don't. The 04 is my third R1100S (technically...I crashed my first one with less than 500 miles) and is still my all time favorite motorcycle, and IMHO, the best looking bike BMW has ever built. And to top it off, with the 0.9 BMW financing and BMW making the first 5 payments, I paid 3,500 less than I did for my 01. Life is good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
fasteddieb said:
...is this forum for girls only?

I think we need to ask MOTOR on this one.
I guess that there will be SOME girls on this forum, just like this MOTOR Michelle Reichenberg of the Elk Grove PD (photo from A&S BMW web site).

Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just traded my "Green Goat" in on a new (to me) '05 RT. As much as I loved the Geet, the RT is now my favorite bike ever. Lighter, nimbler, more stowage, easier (if more frequent) maintenance, all the elements I require. I'm also one of the oddballs that likes the new style. This weekend past I took 'er out to the Poconos for a 600 mi. dance; dang what a runner!! I figure to wait a couple more years 'til BMW's sinister plans come to fruition (the devaluation of all pre-05 K's) ;) and pick up another K-bike cheap as a stable mate fer the RT. 'Til then, I guess I'm one of the girls. Sigh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts