BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,018 Posts
What a beauty. Good job. Have fun next Spring. Don't let any salt get on it this winter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've kinda had a thing for the K1300R but they are far less common here in the US. Clean examples are hard to find.

BTW, I have a very nice set of SW-Motech pannier brackets for that bike if you're interested. They are very heavy duty and can be adapted to many different luggage mounting systems. They're currently set up for GIVI. I need them out of my garage if you're willing to pay shipping from the US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Going to be parking it in my nice warm garage and attending to a couple of cosmetic bits I’m tidying up over winter.
Just a side question. Where the hell do folks put a lock for storage on these bikes?!
There’s no cubby storage anywhere!
not under the seat, nothing!

·
Registered
285 Posts
All you need now is the full Akra system that’s just turned up on the other forum, a true rarity...and nothing todo with me....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, rebuilt my clutch basket with new springs, barnet clutch etc..
just ine really silly question.
When reassembled do the staggered teeth view aligned with each other?
Or another way of putting it is, as i align the teeth in order to reinstall the clutch basket and then slide the basket back into the bike and onto the oil pump drive boss do the teeth then remain aligned?
Are they just under tension but aligned with each other whwn reassembled correctly?

Just doubting myself now…
Automotive tire Gear Rim Bicycle part Automotive design

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Yes, you have to align the teeth to get the basket teeth to slip in all the way. then release the spring loaded ones. The system keeps noise a jidder out of the system. There is a small hole about 3 O'Clock that lines up both gear teeth when not staggered. Slip a drill bit or piece of welding rod in there after you pinch the gears into alignment. This will hold them as you put your back half of the basket in and engage the oil pump drive prongs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks.
ive got them engaged and have reassembled the whole thing back in the bike (except the cover) the teeth are perfectly lined and have stayed lined up now that they are back on the bike Is this correct, i think it is?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
It is, just be sure you also have the oil pump drive engaged also. Things can go south when tightening up the main nut if they are not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers! Thanks for the confirmation.
Yeah, the oil pump was a little hard to align, but managed it in the end using a hook tool to pull the oil pump chain around carefully until it all lined up and then the whole thing slid back in soundly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts