BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that fuel delivery has been an issue since new although, only really annoying after hard running (high rpm) for an hour or so. When shifting gears at higher rpm, not above 7K you understand :D , it would die before you could let go of the clutch lever. The first time it happened, I was not really sure what had just happened. As I was shifting I heard the rear tire chirp between gears, as engine restarted by momentum. At lower speeds, 3K and under, it would spit. sputter and die unless I kept the revs up. Turn it off and let sit for five or ten minutes and it would start and run normally, like nothing ever happened. At least until you run it up again. I have kept my dealer in the loop and waited for other service need before doing anything. After all, I was having fun at 6K and below anyway……

On to the 600 mile service: I was told that my bike already had 6.0 software but it needed the brake banjo bolt update. [It was supposedly built the third week of April?] I say “OK but what about the fuel delivery/idle/shut down issue?” Dealer says “Give me a few days to look into it and bring it in at the end of the week.”

Well, I picked it up Friday afternoon and it now runs like a different bike. No jerky low speed stuff and I can’t seem to kill it anymore. The service manager says his tech loaded a new and just acquired software update. Sorry, I just saw the 7.0 thread and didn’t question him about it.

Total cost of service was $220 and the BC reads same as before, no “Oil – OK” function and “N” for neutral.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Odd that there are so many different reactions to #6?

I received SW version # 6, and, while not a perfect fueling fix, a definite improvment. Everyone who has riden the bike (dealer's mech's too) comment on how great it runs!
I loving scaring the crap out of bicycles with the backfiring BANGS on deceleration!

How can different K1200S's have such wildy different fueling reactions if all get the same sofware? Are there other differences -- say in fuel injection, or ignition? My BMW Z4 came with a Spanish made ignition part -- which was later replaced with a Bosch unit and the difference was startling! Much better throttle response, etc. Maybe different bikes received different batches of parts which are actually responsible for the different running characteristics?

Is it that I ride at 2km to 3km altitude most of time and have Ken's air filters and a Laser can?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry dude, but 6.0 bites the big one...if you actually think it's good, stay tuned for 7.0!

Same filters..same cans and mine sucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts