BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have feedback for pillion riders on this bike regarding comfort & wind buffeting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Giel said:
I would like to have feedback for pillion riders on this bike regarding comfort & wind buffeting.
My wife has ridden many miles with me on our S. She finds if very comfortable. Except for the lack of a backrest--which is a minor issue for her--it is more comfortable than our K1200RS. She can see straight ahead on the S as well as see the mirrors and the instruments. All this makes the ride much more enjoyable than on the KRS. She says buffeting is not a problem.

Ken

·
Registered
395 Posts
My wife likes it better than our previous K1200RS (which she loved), she doesnt want any type of back rest (never has) she prefers to be an active partner when riding pillion. Says she gets no buffeting at all, she says there is a pocket of quiet air back there. Keep in mind I am 6-2 200 and she is 5-3 115. She does have a clear view over my shoulders.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had a Kaw ZZR 1200 before the S and my wife says hands down, the K is much more comfortable. I reckon it's because of the flatter seat profile - she's not slammed against my back :mad: when going through downhill twisties.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My brides not comfortable for long on the S. She's a tall gal with long :) legs. She gets a fair amount of wind at speed because her head is higher than it was on the K/RS but she comments most of all about the pegs being to high for her legs and the thin pegs bother her feet. She's good for about 100 miles then she starts to fidgit and needs a break.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My missus also prefers the S to the RS I used to have. We did about 8000 miles together last year, including 2000 odd miles in a week, with no comfort problems.

Panniers a bit small for all her stuff though, but some clever packing and we are sorted.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I looked at the pegs on the S and although my wife said they were fine I wonder if RS pegs wouldnt fit. didnt measure it but looks like the rubber mount RS pegs might just slide right in. Not sure if the angle would work. Maybe someone with both bikes could try it and see.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife finds it more comfortable than the R.S. which was better that the K75, however we did have to fix a specially made cissy bar to make her feel safer.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts