BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to modify headlight on my k 1300s. Any good suggestions? Is it even worth it? Would like something brighter.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just installed a Philips MotoVision H7 for the low beam and 2 PIAA H7 for the high beams

The MotoVision has a Orange/White glow to it and PIAA bulbs have a bright white light.

Cars and trucks definitely see me at night and during the day. The Orange/White beam catches there attention.

The MotoVision and PIAA are Very bright bulbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed these today.

JAMIEWIN 12000LM H7 Led Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit 6000K ZES Chip 100W Super Bright Canbus EMC System Truck Car Motorcycle Replacement - 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KS2VC5M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_rxFpDb0PVN73J

Dead easy. No LAMPF errors.

Huge difference.

Plan to replace the 12V 5W W2 City / Parking light with an LED unit too when I can work out how to get it out ��

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely going to go with H7 LED bulbs, just have to decide on brand. I don't see H7 jamiewin on amazon USA, so I just have to decide which brand to get.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Installed these today.

JAMIEWIN 12000LM H7 Led Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit 6000K ZES Chip 100W Super Bright Canbus EMC System Truck Car Motorcycle Replacement - 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KS2VC5M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_rxFpDb0PVN73J

Dead easy. No LAMPF errors.

Huge difference.

Plan to replace the 12V 5W W2 City / Parking light with an LED unit too when I can work out how to get it out ��
Can you keep you bulb covers on with that bulb? where do you put the ballast?

The city light is removable by just disconnecting the plug and twisting the socket shaft from the bottom clockwise and then pull down and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Douglas M. It was no bother to retain the caps. There is a LAMPF error (only on full beam) but it doesn’t affect anything other than show the text on the dash.

I didn’t worry about the ballasts - just shoved them in the gap. Maybe a bit amateur but no problems.
Apologies for not responding earlier.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Douglas M. It was no bother to retain the caps. There is a LAMPF error (only on full beam) but it doesn’t affect anything other than show the text on the dash.

I didn’t worry about the ballasts - just shoved them in the gap. Maybe a bit amateur but no problems.
Apologies for not responding earlier.
Hi James Thank you for the response. I'm going to try your setup in a few weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have the Cyclops on mine. LOVE them!
I also installed the Canbus set so I didn't get the LampF error message.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have used an HID from Pirates Lair for many years. Nice bright and cooler light than halogen. Same color as LED. Interestingly, I read a comparison test a couple of years ago that looked at the temperature/heat output of four different types of light. You'll notice that LED bulbs typically have a fan or other type of heat sink on them. The HID actually runs cooler than the LED and halogen. I mounted the power converter box on the left side frame behind the headlights. Simple, sweet and very bright!

Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts