BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So removed my oil pan on my k1300s to clean it out since the clutch material that wears over the years doesn’t all get drained on oil changes, it needed it and wasn’t a big job.
Hardest part was trying to remove all the old goop gasket material that bmw puts on is a pain and took the longest time, it sticks on both the block and oil pan and you need lots of patience and a few new razor blades to get it all off, then both surfaces need to be completely dry and back on goes the nasty goop again, not to easy to do since oil is flowing down the block to the surface that needs to be completely dry, got to be a better, cleaner, easier way.
Checked around and No one listed or made an actual gasket for the pan, not available thru bmw or aftermarket.
Well, not wanting to put nasty goop back on I had gaskets custom made for the oil pan and they work great, same torques spec and no leaks whatsoever. Such a better way to do the Job IMO.
Green Font Art Illustration Graphics

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome! S-Bike is the man!

You really may want to think about exporting these...... Not everyone on the planet can mosey on down to a gasket or hose company ...as there is no Gasket or hose companies open to the public here.
It must come from the manufacturer or we would have to use the Goopy stuff!

Great Post, and on behalf of myself and the entire community: Thank You!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts