Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Over 75

Votes: 1 0.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give us an idea how old (or young) you are. The last time we ran this poll, the average age was 47. Since then, we've added a K1200S and K1200R section, and we might have a "younger" demographic that was never counted before.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's an update and a comparison to the BMWLT.com site (in blue).

I find this stuff very interesting!

The 40-44 demographic is the same for both. You can see a definite younger skew to the K-Bikes.com member, but it's not as much as I thought it would be. I never thought the 45-49 segment would be so close. The other surprise was the 55-59 group with more K-Bikes.com members. But nothing should surprise me when it comes to the RS/GT/S/R rides. There's an 84 year old guy around here who just traded his K1200RS for a new K1200S, and is just as sharp as ever.

Attachments

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated comparison stats (LT site in blue)

Make sure you vote!

Attachments

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I thought I'd take a peek at the poll and check the status. Interestingly enough, I was quite surprised. It appears the age has skewed UP by about 5 years since the last time we did a survey like this. Keep the votes coming!

K1200 riders versus K1200LT riders (in blue)

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
well I have a KR and I am 26 years old and love it
:ricky :tim :ricky :tim :ricky :tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just now I came up with the idea to make my family fortune ...

I will design a method of attaching a walker to a K1200GT without effecting either the lean angle or the luggage limit.

Made entirely out of aircraft black anodized aluminum ... with carbon fiber accents (of course).

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're right about the R model bringing in the younger demographic :p Have an 07 K1200R and turning 21 end of the month :teeth I already get crap from friends saying it's a grandpa bike soon as they see the BMW logo haha :p

·
Addict-oholic
1,428 Posts
Old Age is a figment of the imagination

eljeffe said:
Here's an update and a comparison to the BMWLT.com site (in blue).

[ I find this stuff very interesting!

The 40-44 demographic is the same for both. You can see a definite younger skew to the K-Bikes.com member, but it's not as much as I thought it would be. I never thought the 45-49 segment would be so close. The other surprise was the 55-59 group with more K-Bikes.com members. But nothing should surprise me when it comes to the RS/GT/S/R rides. There's an 84 year old guy around here who just traded his K1200RS for a new K1200S, and is just as sharp as ever.

And I am the 71 year old guy who rides a 2006 KGT in fast blue, who is as sharp as I have ever been. I use my "walker" to get to the bike and a "stepladder" to help me jump on it.

Really!, my only concession to being an old codger, is I now wear an electric jacket liner and gloves more often in colder weather. I still have the same enthusiasm as I had when I started riding Vespa's in 1958. Less than 10 years ago, I did an Edelweiss tour of the Alps. This past season, I have done a few group rides with much younger folk, and they were impressed when I took off my helmet to see the white(silver) hair adorning my head.

I did a 350 mile trip in one day this past October, almost 6 hours in the saddle on back roads leaf peeping in nearby states.

One is never too old to ride a motor bike. I still do the other kind,, pedal biking several times a week.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The price of BMW motorcycles is a huge factor in the age groups who can afford to buy a BMW Bike. Conversely the insurance industry recognizes BMW motorcycle owners to be the best bet to insure, and it keeps our rates down in comparison to a crotch rockets.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeh the KR was 1/3 cheaper to insure than my last bike (gsx-r 750) even the kr is pricier and more powerful :clap: also helps that it's classified as a roadster.. not a supersport

1 - 12 of 12 Posts