BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to this board just wanna say hello as this is my first post...

well after having a few different kinds of sportbikes and loads of trouble and years of all those experiences...i thought it might be a change. i was looking into ALOT of diferent bikes until i came across the problem was i wanted something that would be good all around..i wanted reliability , comfort, and still be able to get through the twisties and well FAST!.......until i seen and heard about the k-r i didnt think that could be found...a little bit of everything i wanted.
well as im getting closer and closer to buying one i have a few questions only people with the bike can answer..not the B.S. the dealer tells you
i just have some concerns about some problems with weird downshifting, throttle bodies having to be replaced, ect... will holding out for an 06 take care of this?

anyone have any experience with cycle specialties BMW of modesto?

is there anything i have to have..accerieswise?

how is BMW financing and insurance?

anything else i should know...thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
i'm not sure i can answer all of your questions, but one thing i can tell you based on the 20 or so modified/custom bikes we've been involved with is that they are really impressive bikes with a great platform and respond very well to upgrades. the gearbox "clunk" seems to bother some people more than others but it doesn't seem to be a reliability issue. as to the throttle bodies, there was an issue on some of the earlier bikes but was covered under warranty.

hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts