BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get the headlight on my 84 K100 to work. The small lamp inside the lens is on but not the low beam light. I replaced the bulb but that did not fix it. Also, the hi beam will come on if I depress the switch. Are these fused because I cannot find a fuse in the circuit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No inline fuse as far as I'm aware.

Dodgy/dirty switches is the prime suspect.

Get some WD40 into everything, split the RH switch cluster slightly, stick the nozzle in and give it all a good blast moving the switch back and forth. (or take it right off the h-bar and do it properly, maybe even gently sand the contact points and coat with vaseline before reassembly).

Then do the same to the LH switch while you're in the mood.

AVOID trying to disassemble the switches themselves on a whim. tiny fragile bits that love to hide.

good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dayglo! By the way, I lived in the UK for a couple of years and actually bought the bike in Portsmouth. Cheers!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was born in Portsmouth, and lived in Southsea for a few years, but never mind all that - how come you shelled out to export a cheap old K to the States?? Did it pull you from a burning building or something? :popcorn:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lolololol! No nothing so dramatic. I was military and had the bike when I was moving back to the states so it was no additional cost to me to send it back. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts