BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently rebuilding my K but as usual the photo I should have taken during the strip down is missing the detail that I need.
Can someone tell me how many threads are exposed outside the locking nut on the rear outside edge swivel pin of the swinging arm ( disc end). I have assembled mine according to the book of half stories ( Haynes) but I have 3 threads showing on the pin and my memory is telling me this is too much. Is it locating properly in the bearing ?

any comments welcome

Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the last pivot before the rear hub. The inside pivot is a 1 piece fixed length which I fitted first, the outer pivot is the threaded length with a reduced diameter that fits into the bearing, and the lock nut that tightens up against the outer surface of the swinging arm.

I tightened up to the correct torque, the screw did not move when I tightened the lock nut - but 3 exposed threads jusdts seemsd to be more than my recollection when stripping down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, that makes sense. I have a box of parts left over because I also changed the g/boxwqith a spare which had it's pivots . Quite possible I have refitted with a g/box pivot - I'll check

thanks for your suggestion

brg

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts