BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 K100RS and I have spark, but no fuel pump or fuel at the injectors. The Fuel pump isn't bad, i tested it, it just isn't getting power to it. The fuse is good in it, so I'm thinking either the Computer or something like the temperature sensor. Any ideas? :confused:

·
PsyKotic Waterfowl
1,353 Posts
The most common cause (if the fuel pump still works when powered) is that the connection is being lost either at the wiring harness connector or at the base of the fuel level sender. The relay can go bad but that's not nearly as common an issue.

Also note that sometimes the OEM fuses can look good when they're not so performing a continuity test or swapping it with another fuse is a surer way to tell if it's good.

The fuel pump does not get power until the starter button is pressed or the engine is running. The first thing I'd do is check to see if you have power coming from the wiring harness connector. You should get 12V on the green/white wire when you hit the start button. Also check the ground(brown) while you're at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts