BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost a picture that got me in TROUBLE with my SO . I had it on the desktop as a jpeg ,, when she opened it and ,,,, " IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT MY SON SEEING YOU DO " . :D
Setting up the new computer I lost it . It was the Fastest Color ( RED ) proving that the K flys ! I think Bear posted it long ago ,,, I would love to see it again so if someone has it can you post it again . Thanks , Stevie B

·
Registered
186 Posts
sbk12rs said:
" IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT MY SON SEEING YOU DO " . :D
So what did you tell her?:D

·
We're zoned for what ? cool !
186 Posts
I remember that.

The rider is Darren Ward from Toronto. He had an aftermarket chip in the bike and a 2 Brothers exhaust. Going through the tunnels with him on the BRP, that exhaust note was LOUD. But effective.

Also noteworthy is that Yellow Taxi at the far left of the photo. That was LOUIS's first K12, and I think it was after this rally that he was punted into the median of I-77 by an 18-wheeler and totaled the bike. LOUIS is the bearded guy in the photo, watching the wheelie.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Submariner from Canada

ROB said:
The rider is Darren Ward from Toronto. He had an aftermarket chip in the bike and a 2 Brothers exhaust. Going through the tunnels with him on the BRP, that exhaust note was LOUD. But effective.

Also noteworthy is that Yellow Taxi at the far left of the photo. That was LOUIS's first K12, and I think it was after this rally that he was punted into the median of I-77 by an 18-wheeler and totaled the bike. LOUIS is the bearded guy in the photo, watching the wheelie.
Louis, the Submariner........Hope to see him again.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YES THATS IT ! What a great pic . I'll tell ya , a 650lb bike IS NOT the easiest thing to pull to the sky . I'm glad there is a picture proving someone had the go-nads to do it .

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
$$$$$

Man......don T....just Had Mine In The Shop For Just A Knock Over...(pickup Truck)[email protected]#%#@&...in The Shop 6 Weeks And 3700.00 Later....my Kid Saw That....just Not The Same....but Dr. Said He Should Snap Out Of It Soon....we Have Fath...we Just Have To Keep On Keepn On.......but Hey Thats Awsome!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
How'd they do that?

We have seen the pics. Now I want to know how to do that. I can wheelie on my mtn/road bicycles, but I don't know how to do it on my K1200GT. Please tell the easiest way so I can start practicing and maybe get in the pics at this year's DGR or BRPR.

wvcajun

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
wvcajun said:
We have seen the pics. Now I want to know how to do that. I can wheelie on my mtn/road bicycles, but I don't know how to do it on my K1200GT. Please tell the easiest way so I can start practicing and maybe get in the pics at this year's DGR or BRPR.wvcajun
If you know somebody knowledgeable in retouching, you can have your picture taken while you're standing up on your K....then you'll have one just like the one "bodybybuddha" posted....what a crock!
But if you want to really learn, there are a couple schools. One is http://www.ononewheel.com/

·
Registered
200 Posts
Make sure you get the picture

Back in high school... Two friends got the idea to get a picture of them passing in the street both doing a wheelie. Got a girl from down the street gave here the camera. John started on one side, Yamaha RD 400. The other rider, Dan coming from the other way on the Kaw 900. But and a big BUT they don't quite pass each other, mirrors and bars get tangled. Forks bent bikes crashed a real mess. My question was, did she get the picture. Apparently when she saw the crash she dropped the camera to watch! I recommend video and 2 of them. Aah: the good old days.

·
Registered
828 Posts
pop the clutch

wvcajun said:
We have seen the pics. Now I want to know how to do that. I can wheelie on my mtn/road bicycles, but I don't know how to do it on my K1200GT. Please tell the easiest way so I can start practicing and maybe get in the pics at this year's DGR or BRPR.

wvcajun
Just rev and let go of the clutch. It is easier to do this in second while traveling about 10mph, you will have more control. Doing this in first and the bike becomes very touchy and you can easily flip the bike. The RS is a heavy bike so putting her back down will be the main thing. I suggest if you want to show off like this go practice on a cheap CBR/gixxer 600. The key thing is not to freeze and pull the clutch, everything should be handled with the throttle. Just a few tid bits of advice.

If you want to do wheelies, I suggest getting a gixxer 1000. You can pull that wheel into the sky straight out of the gates. Although, same with the busa.

ONON-
Mark

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can also do this... While in first gear moving along and bringing the revs up to about 5500, then back off the throttle a little for an instant and then hit with a full twist abruptly the front wheel will come off the ground and carry for some distance.
Have done it a couple of times after hearing how, it does work, though I'm sure it's hard on components.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Whatever method you try, just make sure you cover the rear brake. Just in case it decides to make a loop, tapping the rear brake will bring it back down unless you're doing a monster wheelie and go beyond the point of no return.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts